RIP Cyrille Regis - A True Midlands Footballing Icon | Vital Football

RIP Cyrille Regis - A True Midlands Footballing Icon

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Too young. So very sad. Football is all the poorer today with Big Cyrille's passing.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524096">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

A true icon and from what all who know him are saying, a true gentleman.

59. Way too young. :21:

I assume and hope there’ll be a minutes applause before kick off on Saturday, sad news especially at his age. RIP

To think he came to us at 33 on a free from Coventry. Never had the pleasure of meeting him but I would bet you would struggle to find anyone who would have a bad word to say about him , makes you realise how precious everyday is . RIP

Met him in the north stand car park when I was young (Sure it was before a European game), I remember feeling really small next to him and as everyone is saying, a very nice bloke!

Heard from a source close to him that he had this virus that's going about and was due to have a CT scan in the next few days.

Built like an ox - you don't expect illnesses like this to affect people like Cyrille, especially when they're one of your heroes.

I was behind the goal with the Villa fans at the Albion. In those days the teams would only come out ten mins before the game and have a little kick about. Cyrille was near the corner flag and a few pissed up Villa idiots made there way to him armed with banana’s and threw them at him

He just smiled picked one up and ate it and waved to them.

RIP Gentleman Cyrille