RIP Alan Deakin. | Vital Football

RIP Alan Deakin.

Sad news indeed.

It was only on 27 November 2017 I started a thread wishing Alan a happy 76th birthday http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=65328&posts=16

Thoughts of condolence go out to Alan's family and friends.

Rest In Peace Alan.

Attachments

• DPpMO71XkAEYZH_.jpg
    DPpMO71XkAEYZH_.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
Very sad news. You remember them as they were or as you've seen them in photographs, in their prime.

Was he one of Mercer's Minors?

RIP

Wicked Messenger - 3/1/2018 13:10

Very sad news. You remember them as they were or as you've seen them in photographs, in their prime.

Was he one of Mercer's Minors?

RIP

Yes he was, along with Mike Tindal, John Slewanhok (sp) Norman Ash, I think Charlie Atkin and many more. I think the keeper was Arther Sabin.
RIP Alan

Very sad indeed. One of Villa's greats, a true leader. Breaking his ankle at the height of his career wasn't good for him or Villa. Saw him play several times from 1962 onwards when Villa came to London. Good memories. RIP Alan.

He did. Read about it here. One of my favourite all-time players. Scored in that game but also missed a sitter. Think I forgave him pretty quickly :) Great player. RIP Alan http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/great-games-tottenham-hotspur-5-181048

I was only 10 when I first watched Villa and I'm sure Alan was in the side that day . Can't remember much about him except he was solid and My uncle never said anything bad about him .

RIP

I think he was just before my time , but if he played for us he must have been good.

R.I.P

Holtender in the Sky

:94: :94: :94:

It was only a few weeks ago I posted happy birhthday to to " Doris" with my memories of his sending off in the 4-0 win over Man Utd.
Thank you for many happy memories RIP Alan.
Thomas Holte thank you for the Slogger Sleeuwenhoek link over on the Alan Deakin birthday link.

Yes the leader of Joe’s Minors. Revie said Timdall Sleeewenhoek Deakin was the best half back line in the country.
Allan competed with Bobby Moore for the England U 23 team.
Loved those years with Joe Mercer
RIP

Not one for sadness myself , more a celebration of someone's life and how wonderful for his family and friends that people remember him so fondly.
Holtender in the sky.

Love the picture of him in that blue away kit , my brother has an original of that kit from someone who played for the reserves in the 60s.

Typical Birmingham Mail, haven't done their homework. Villa' s keeper was Colin Withers, not Alan and "Billy" Hamilton was Willie Hamilton.
Nevertheless RIP Alan and best wishes to your family, you appeared in my first game in August '63 against Blackburn, the start of a long and sometimes tortuous road of being a Viila fan!