'Right to repair' law to come in this summer | Page 2 | Vital Football

'Right to repair' law to come in this summer

We live in whats called a throw away society. Everything mass produced so cheaply that its just not worth repairing most things. I have in the past taken the motor out of a washing machine had it refurbished then put it back. It gave us many more years service. Most smaller items its just not worth bothering.

We live in whats called a throw away society. Everything mass produced so cheaply that its just not worth repairing most things. I have in the past taken the motor out of a washing machine had it refurbished then put it back. It gave us many more years service. Most smaller items its just not worth bothering.
Recently had our 10yr old Bosch dishwasher break down, and two repair companies refused to call out, not because of Covid, but because they said the cost of repairing it wasnt worth the hassle.

I have a fridge that's 11 years old. I'm expecting that it will go soon enough. 11 years seems like a long time to me.

Phone batteries are definitely an issue. I've been using Samsungs for a while and their batteries last 2 years to the day. I'm 100% sure they are fiddling with them to make them that way.

And whereas you used to be able to change the battery, they have taken that ability away. Total con. If the phones weren't so damn expensive, it would still be wrong, but at these prices, I am not sure how they get away with it.

I thought this was going to be about the way John Deere build their new farmer equipment. Farmers I believe have no right to make repairs, they have to call out a JD engineer.

I'd love to get a Tesla but I fear they're going the same way and doing what Apple do. Just completely void your warranty if you do anything yourself. Be different if you had support built into the price and they had a 3hr max window to fix stuff.

Cars yes! The old days when the man would spend hours tinkering under the bonnet on a weekend. Not a chance now.

Don't put the stuff out for the scrap man. I stick it on eBay as non working and always get something for it. I have in it as collection only if its large.

Sold 2 washers that had stopped working for £20 each over the years for spares and repairs.

Sold cooker the same and my old GHDS (Straighteners) too. GHDS sell for spares and repairs for about £40.
As they cost over £100 they sell to trade repair, they repairs and sell them on for about £79.99

Always worth having a look on eBay before you throw our and selling for spares and repairs

Cars yes! The old days when the man would spend hours tinkering under the bonnet on a weekend. Not a chance now.

Don't put the stuff out for the scrap man. I stick it on eBay as non working and always get something for it. I have in it as collection only if its large.

Sold 2 washers that had stopped working for £20 each over the years for spares and repairs.

Sold cooker the same and my old GHDS (Straighteners) too. GHDS sell for spares and repairs for about £40.
As they cost over £100 they sell to trade repair, they repairs and sell them on for about £79.99

Always worth having a look on eBay before you throw our and selling for spares and repairs

I wonder if I could stick Dawn on Fleabay "Old but working, one careful owner"

I wonder if I could stick Dawn on Fleabay "Old but working, one careful owner"
200.gif