Right thats it I'm going to say it.......... | Vital Football

Right thats it I'm going to say it..........

chopey

Vital Squad Member
I want Freddy Shepard back..

Yes we will be in loads of dept to the banker (but we are now to a ******) and yes we will have dreams above our station and try and sign Rooney and Messi, but that is what football should be about.

Football shouldn't be about healthy balance sheets and wage caps and horrible people put in charge of our club because of what the chairman does on a whim.

Fetch him back so we can have some sort of communication with the club and the ability to change the direction by our protests and not have these ridiculous orders forced on us. I have a season ticket and I read as much as I can about Newcastle but I have never felt part of it under Ashley.

Get Freddy in and if it all goes tits up at least we are all in it together.

chopey - 4/7/2013 11:19

I want Freddy Shepard back..

Yes we will be in loads of dept to the banker (but we are now to a ******) and yes we will have dreams above our station and try and sign Rooney and Messi, but that is what football should be about.

Football shouldn't be about healthy balance sheets and wage caps and horrible people put in charge of our club because of what the chairman does on a whim.

Fetch him back so we can have some sort of communication with the club and the ability to change the direction by our protests and not have these ridiculous orders forced on us. I have a season ticket and I read as much as I can about Newcastle but I have never felt part of it under Ashley.

Get Freddy in and if it all goes tits up at least we are all in it together.

You having a break down chops?

Nope, the likes of thousands turning up to see thousands being spent on the likes of Michael Owen paraded around the ground with his kids is as pathetic as our current situation, we want a decent, dignified, knowledgable football man running the club, no more ***** please, we deserve that, just for once in our lifetime of supporting Newcastle, it's really not too much to ask.

Jesus H!

They're as bad as each other. We may have had more footballing fun under Shepherd, but he was destroying the club.

Neither should be allowed within a mile of St. James' Park.

Furking Hell Chops... it's not that bad is it?!

I'd personally like so see Freddy Shepard, Mike Ashley, Peter Ridsdale and Ken Bates all take a lovely cruise to that island in Jurassic Park 2.

Just because Ashley is a **** is doesn't mean Fat Fred isn't. It's like having to pick between Andy the Mackem who beats his kids or Tino who has pictures of 6 year old girls on the wall whilst sporting nothing but a pinny!

chopey - 4/7/2013 11:33

Football fun is that to much to ask

No, it's not too much to ask at all. It's what should happen. But to ask for Shepherd back is ridiculous.

I can see where Chopey's coming from but ultimately that wouldn't solve too many problems.

Just got to stick in and hope karma rewardeds us for our tolerance.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 4/7/2013 12:06

I can see where Chopey's coming from but ultimately that wouldn't solve too many problems.

Just got to stick in and hope karma rewardeds us for our tolerance.

I am seriously starting to believe in the curse legend, it would explain a lot.

Both are takers, not contributors. I'm with the Jurassic Park view.

On another note, please Bruce, don't bring up the curse. Hughie Gallagher loved this club. Here's a little quote from somebody else who loved this club. Come to think of it I bet both are spinning in their graves as I type this.

Jackie Milburn, Jackie Milburn's Newcastle United Scrapbook (1981)
Years later I was fortunate enough to wear Hughie's shirt and virtually every Saturday he'd be waiting for me outside the main entrance, always at the same time in the same place, ten yards from the door. "Hi, Jackie, you're doing fine," he'd say, "but l've got a little tip for you..." Then he would mention something he had spotted in my play the previous game.
"You're standing with your back to the centre-half and your team-mates don't know how to play the ball up to you. Why don't you half turn to give them a clue which side you want it and then run. They'll never catch you."
Throughout my playing days I always listened intently to any advice the big names had to give. To me their words were worth a million from any coach. I only once played with the great Hughie and that was
in a charity match when he was 52 years of age. He took a cross from the wing, jammed it against the goal post with his head, and dropped it over the line - who else could do a thing like that? I literally wept the day I learned he had walked onto the railway crossing just outside Newcastle and put his neck across the line to finish it all. How a man so loved and so idolised could feel so alone I'll never know."

A legend talking about a legend. The only curse we endure is being owned by The Ragman.

Jesus Christ. one good thing Ashley has done is getting us out of dept. too many Football clubs go under because of stupid over ambitious owners, how would we feel if we didn't have a club at all? it nearly happened at Darlington, and it was fucking horrible, but nothing compared to how id feel if it was Newcastle. Fat Fred was as bad as Ashley, for different reasons.

We are now in debt to Ashley which in my opinion is worse than any bank cos he can basically do what ever he wants and there's nowt we can do about it

chopey - 4/7/2013 13:14

We are now in debt to Ashley which in my opinion is worse than any bank cos he can basically do what ever he wants and there's nowt we can do about it

This is not true

The one and only positive of Ashley being a greedy **** is he will want to recoup as much as he can, if not more.

If you are unable to pay debts to the bank you really are fucked

In answer to Cam, at least clubs that go under can be grieved as some sort of loss.

We're literally watching a possession in front of our eyes. The body the same but not the personality and we can't grieve.

cameron-nufc - 4/7/2013 12:56
Jesus Christ. one good thing Ashley has done is getting us out of dept. too many Football clubs go under because of stupid over ambitious owners, how would we feel if we didn't have a club at all? it nearly happened at Darlington, and it was fucking horrible, but nothing compared to how id feel if it was Newcastle. Fat Fred was as bad as Ashley, for different reasons.

Name the clubs with a decent sized following who have gone under Cam? None. In fact, very very few clubs go to the wall and certainyl few with any decent following that i can think of. Even if the worst happened, there would be a newcastle united. As i said, the silver lining of this is that as you slide through the leagues, the fans gain more power. Where would fans of a liquidated Newcastle united go and watch their football? Sunderland? Newcastle are in quite a unique location to avoid the very worst overspeing can throw at it as regards having a footbal team to support.

The thing that I cant get through my head at the minute is that Ashley's decisions have made me not want to give Newcastle my full support because if I did I will be only helping Ashley's cause. We need to build up a siege mentality but how can we when the people in charge don't have the same passion for the club as we do.

Its just so tedious and boring

Rza - 4/7/2013 13:21

chopey - 4/7/2013 13:14

This is not true

The one and only positive of Ashley being a greedy **** is he will want to recoup as much as he can, if not more.

If you are unable to pay debts to the bank you really are fucked

Crystal Palace went into Admin in 2010 and only 2 years later are back in the prem without their **** of an owner at the helm

not always a bad thing to happen

That is true but there aren't too many examples like Palace and I doubt we'd be so lucky

Something I heard recently is "Shepherd was a ****, Ashley is a tight ****, which would you prefer?"