Rigalettoes | Vital Football

Rigalettoes

I had no idea, but good to hear finally some business sense is being shown. Whether folk liked it or not, it made little business sense having an Italian pizza restaurant at a football stadium. The majority of football fans want somewhere to get a beer along with some quick and easy food like a bag of chips fresh out the fryer, the sort of food you'd expect to get from a sports bar.

Wouldn't name it after the ex owner though, with his name coming off the stadium he deserves a stand rather than a bloody sports bar. Should name it after a long serving player, maybe let the fans vote for who. That would gain some traction online.

Hopefully it's cheeper than the supporter's club £9 pounds for 2 cans of Guinness no draft 😱

I love a pre match pint or two in there, decent folk to chat to., not a fan of the supporters club anymore.

I don't mind what its called so long as its Latics related and decked out in blue and white with Wigan Athletic memorabilia plastered all over the walls and behind the bar, a photo of DW holding the FA Cup in the foyer as well. :cup:

Just to annoy the lodgers a little bit more. :wahey:

All smacks as a sop to be honest...probably meant to ease the pain of losing the Stadium name but nothing lasts forever and in a couple of years this bar will lose his name and where will it end up ?... the Whelan burger van on the corner. All a bit unnecessary for the great man. The statue is a fitting legacy.

All smacks as a sop to be honest...probably meant to ease the pain of losing the Stadium name but nothing lasts forever and in a couple of years this bar will lose his name and where will it end up ?... the Whelan burger van on the corner. All a bit unnecessary for the great man. The statue is a fitting legacy.
Agreed, but he should have a stand no doubt about it, like Jack Walker at Rovers.

Of course I can't speak for the man and he may see it as a wonderful gesture having a sports bar named after him. But if I were in his shoes whilst I'd appreciate the sentiment I'd find it a bit disrespectful to be honest. We can do better than a sports bar for what that man has given to the fans.

Wonder what they'll do with the South Stand bar? Plus there's all that space below the East Stand (which was where a big new bar was originally going to be built). The Stadium has so much potential in it, hopefully we continue investing in it and maximise revenues long term.

As the place was named after his father's stage persona i think it's a great idea with continuity for the family!

Blue seats in the stadium next please and more on the outside of the stadium to personalise it to Wigan Athletic. By Sports Bar I am hoping that means Soccer bar although I hate the term Soccer.