Richardson | Page 9 | Vital Football

Richardson

Still think that now?

Well it may surprise you, but yes I do. I cannot stand the type of football he plays with the awful hoofball. It was there for all to see last night when we actually played football, we destroyed them.

PS 4 others agreed with me as well including KDZ who I rate the best poster on here

Well it may surprise you, but yes I do. I cannot stand the type of football he plays with the awful hoofball. It was there for all to see last night when we actually played football, we destroyed them.

PS 4 others agreed with me as well including KDZ who I rate the best poster on here
4 other agree with you that you hope he goes?

I really really doubt that Zakky.

They may agree that they prefer us not to play the the long ball stuff (even though over the course of the season, whatever we've been doing has clearly been wonderfully successful in general), but I can't for a second understand why anyone in their right mind would not want Leam Richardson in charge of our club right now.

I appreciate your honesty Zakky and applaud the fact that you are prepared to stand behind your comments.

In my opinion we could not have had a better manager despite the fact that our style of football is not what most of us would like to see. I think he is probably the only manager that could have galvanised the players we have into a squad that has gone from zero to hero in a season and has shown the ability to adapt his tactics when necessary.

The fact that he was prepared to take on the role during admin and put together a team that avoided relegation shows a strength of character that is way above the norm for football managers. I wonder how many managers would have had the clarity of thought to take charge of the situation with Charlie Wyke when that happened and still be able to manage the side the following game.

LR is clearly one of a kind and I for one am appreciative of what he has given to our club and hope we manage to hold on to him for many years as I believe he will only get better as he gains the experience.

They may agree that they prefer us not to play the the long ball stuff (even though over the course of the season, whatever we've been doing has clearly been wonderfully successful in general), but I can't for a second understand why anyone in their right mind would not want Leam Richardson in charge of our club right now.

Was it yourself Moonay who said elsewhere & something on the lines of "we play a more cautious approach during the early stages of a game, before pouncing on our opponents during the latter stages?"

Apologies if it wasn't you. But I for one think that sums up our performances this season very well.

No way do I think Leam should go, he is doing a good job results-wise, even though I cannot stand the style of play we persist with, especially when it's so clear we play so much better when we play football and not rugby. Leam is still a freshman manager compared to most so he is also learning as we go. Maybe his aim is to play actual football, I think that second-half performance may see a change in that regard.

Was it yourself Moonay who said elsewhere & something on the lines of "we play a more cautious approach during the early stages of a game, before pouncing on our opponents during the latter stages?"

Apologies if it wasn't you. But I for one think that sums up our performances this season very well.
It was Runcorn .... but I think TB had said summat similar prior to that.

Just go back to my original post at the beginning and you will see the four names there.. You have jumped in again with both feet Tony the original question was do I still agree with what I posted in August or whenever

Just go back to my original post at the beginning and you will see the four names there.. You have jumped in again with both feet Tony the original question was do I still agree with what I posted in August or whenever
Runcorn posted what you said ........ which was that you hoped the manager would be replaced.

The 4 liked your post back then, fair enough. Now, you say that you still stand by your opinion from back then........ I wonder if they do.

Personally, like I say, I can't understand why either you or they would not want him here right now.

There's no "both feet" about it at all.

Is this the most fucking insane thing we have EVER read on here ?... let me get this right. Some want the manager replacing ???????

Is this some sort parallel universe where common sense don't exist anymore ?

Dont think anyone wants the manager replacing now. I was simply asked if I stood by what I said in before Leam got the job that I would have preferred we got a completely new manager and staff once the takeover was complete.

Is this the most fucking insane thing we have EVER read on here ?... let me get this right. Some want the manager replacing ???????

Is this some sort parallel universe where common sense don't exist anymore ?
Nah ... I don't think they do really ... just too stubborn/proud to admit they were wrong last year, that's all.

Dont think anyone wants the manager replacing now. I was simply asked if I stood by what I said in before Leam got the job that I would have preferred we got a completely new manager and staff once the takeover was complete.

Ooooh ..... careful Zakky ........ further up the page, you're telling us "I cannot stand the type of football he plays with the awful hoofball."

That's very close to trying to justify why you don't want him.

That's a different thing then...if you are standing by what you believed at the time thats fair comment. You must have changed your mind now though.

I cannot believe this is a topic of discussion. Of all the debates over the years I find this the most ludicrous.

The man has worked miracles at this football club. Took over as manager from that calamity Sheridan, and did most other jobs last season too out of necessity. Never moaned, never complained yet brought a positivity to a bunch of youngsters playing at level they were unready for and a bunch of journeymen that other clubs didn’t want (and I don’t mean that in a disparaging way to those players who pulled on our shirt and fought for the club in its hour of need). Moulded them into a team and kept them believing despite some of the inevitable beatings we had to take. Stayed up against all odds and expectations.

Commenced pre season with about 3 or 4 contracted players and had to recruit another new team. Got them clicking from the off and still has them clicking now as we sit second three points clear with three games in hand. Not only that he behaves respectfully to other teams and managers and represents this club in the right way. Nor should we forget him saving a players life and then taking to the touch line 24 hours later to galvanise a shell shocked team into a much deserved point.

Debating his team selections, tactics and performances is just part of being a football fan. However how anyone can say they would want anyone else in charge of our club at this present time is beyond me.

Speaking of our Shezza, doing a cracking job at Oldham...again. One of my favourite quirks of football are how certain managers/players just fit like a glove at certain clubs, but totally flop whenever they go anywhere else.

Last edited: