Richardson | Page 17 | Vital Football

Richardson

Rightly or wrongly Richardson's achievements in L1 and style of football isn't likely to attractive to many clubs at this level looking for a new boss.

So I'm not particularly worried about anyone coming in for him at the moment. But if he gets results in the Championship over the next few months then that would likely change.

Unless Leam knows something we don't, it would be a gamble going to Stoke City.

A lot of Clubs want 'instant' success and will 'dump' a Manager fairly quickly if the team has a bad run of results, as Cook, Caldwell and our other former Managers have found out.

Let's be honest, Dyche is a shoe in for the job and any talk of LR going is just the bookies and the media looking for a story. Personally I think Dyche and Stoke would be a perfect partnership and can see them doing well together. His brand of football is not the most entertaining but is effective and gets results.

If for any reason LR was tempted I would be straight on the phone to Dyche as a replacement. A solid manager who is honest and forthright and knows how to keep a team up, what more could you want.

Leam is not even on all the betting lists I've seen tonight He was 20-1 earlier today but seems to have disappeared. I don't think there's a cat in hell chance he will leave.

Leam is not even on all the betting lists I've seen tonight He was 20-1 earlier today but seems to have disappeared. I don't think there's a cat in hell chance he will leave.
Looks like we'll have a Martinez type situation in which if a club is looking for a manager he'll be linked.

I’m not sure the Sunderland board know their arse from their elbow. They seemed reluctant to get Neil on board, for some reason courting a has been in Roy Keane. He gets them up, off to a strong start and they let him leave. Said before he went he was a good manager - he proved it and it’s a coup for Stoke. No wonder heads are falling off on wearside.

I’m not sure the Sunderland board know their arse from their elbow. They seemed reluctant to get Neil on board, for some reason courting a has been in Roy Keane. He gets them up, off to a strong start and they let him leave. Said before he went he was a good manager - he proved it and it’s a coup for Stoke. No wonder heads are falling off on wearside.

I don't think they let him leave as much as he wanted to go and apparently had a clause in his contract that they couldn't stop him speaking to Stoke.

Neil has always been a very good manager, I was gutted when Sunderland got him last season.

I imagine they'll try and get Dyche now who would be a very good appointment. But you mentioned Keane and that wouldn't shock me I'm not so sure on that one.

I don't think they let him leave as much as he wanted to go and apparently had a clause in his contract that they couldn't stop him speaking to Stoke.

Neil has always been a very good manager, I was gutted when Sunderland got him last season.

I imagine they'll try and get Dyche now who would be a very good appointment. But you mentioned Keane and that wouldn't shock me I'm not so sure on that one.

Strange move though - Sunderland is a bigger club than Stoke. I get the impression they never really valued him and is why they didn’t give him a new deal. Proving once more what a basket case club they are.

The other week Neil was giving it large about Broadhead choosing Sunderland over us, but ironic considering he himself couldn't wait to get out the first chance he got.

"As I said earlier in this press conference, and this is just speaking broadly and not about any one single player, we need players who will come here and back themselves to contribute to what we're doing. That takes a certain type of mentality to do that at this club because of the pressure and scrutiny that comes with it."

How 'kin hypocritical was Neil's recent words!

He is just one greedy man. Money has been flashed in front of his greedy nose and he has taken it. He was already becoming idolised amongst the Sunderland fans. He has been backed by the board as well yet can turn his back on such a position. He could have had it all up there. A massive support who would give him the freedom of the city. Instead he gives them a kick in the teeth. Greedy greedy man and he was shite in EastEnders too.

with five loan signings and three arriving on free transfers Stoke, don't seem to have the capacity to be spending any time soon has to be wage driven to go there for Alex Neill. Either way, he has got Norwich to the prem in 2015 so will have the ambition to return.

I thought Alex Neil was doing great at Sunderland and had them on the way back to the Premier League. There’s no doubt they’re a massive club. For us 10,000 home fans is a decent turnout, Stoke 20,000 home fans is good but for Sunderland 40,000 home fans is a decent show.

The size of the club doesn’t matter in this league or the premier league, it’s all about money. He’s definitely gone for that reason. I honestly think we have a good manager and an honest bloke on Leam Richardson. I think it’d take a lot to attract him away from us. Fair enough we don’t play the most attractive football but he has got results so far. A few clubs have surprised people in this league and done well recently, hopefully we can cause a few upsets this year.

He is just one greedy man. Money has been flashed in front of his greedy nose and he has taken it. He was already becoming idolised amongst the Sunderland fans. He has been backed by the board as well yet can turn his back on such a position. He could have had it all up there. A massive support who would give him the freedom of the city. Instead he gives them a kick in the teeth. Greedy greedy man and he was shite in EastEnders too.

Sorry don't get it...why should he worry about anything else apart from his and his family's financial future ?... if he loses a few games he gets sacked and nobody gives a shit.

I don't blame him in the slightest.

"It's like a cannit wait till a get back hyem te see wor lass and then finding out she's ran off with Peter Beardsley"

Sorry don't get it...why should he worry about anything else apart from his and his family's financial future ?... if he loses a few games he gets sacked and nobody gives a shit.

Correct Stoke will offer 3,4 year contract but Sundaland it was 6 Months rolling depending on results. Money talks 🤔

Correct Stoke will offer 3,4 year contract but Sundaland it was 6 Months rolling depending on results. Money talks 🤔

I'd read something similar and having contracted for 10 years (admittedly in a completely different industry and polar opposites in terms of financial reward) there is a lot to be said about having that longer term security. The short contracts leave you constantly on edge about when and where the next job might be. Even taking out the financial uncertainty, the next job could be anywhere in the country and IF you have a young family the appeal of a longer contract close to home is often much more significant than the money itself (in my industry the rates were pretty consistent across the UK anyway).
Totally guessing on my part here with regards Alex Neil though, no idea where his family live.

Sorry, boring anecdote to follow.
My own experience was being on a week to week rolling contract in Welwyn garden city, only finding out each Thursday whether I had work the following week. As it happens there was always work (and lots of it). I did that for 3 months then out of the blue was offered a 1 year contract in Liverpool so on the Thursday told them I wasn't coming back the next week and they were apoplectic, banging on about how much work there was, me leaving them in the shit, me needing to give them time to find a replacement blah blah. If they'd shown me some commitment with contract length I might have reconsidered but there was no way I was missing out on a years guaranteed work whilst being able to live at home.
Some companies want it both ways. You reap what you sow.

For one he has made enough to date to be worrying about his financial future. This is rolled out every time someone in this greedy game jumps ship.
There are not many with the loyalty and backbone of our own Leam Richardson.
I understand the point if it was a manager from the lower leagues getting a chance at Stoke but moving like this only stinks to me in my opinion of greed.