Richard Scudamore. | Vital Football

Richard Scudamore.

I think you guys are being very harsh.

His basic salary is only 900K a year. How is he supposed to live on that? Barely keeps a man in Avocado's for a week.

I think you guys are being very harsh.

His basic salary is only 900K a year. How is he supposed to live on that? Barely keeps a man in Avocado's for a week.

Ah fair enough. I didn't realise it was such a pittance. I think clubs should all give £500k in that case, it's the least he deserves.

The man was paid a bloody good wage for what he did, if the clubs think he should be given something extra, let the premier league pick two teams of one player from each club and give him a testamonial.

Just to play devils advocate, the bloke has made premier league clubs millions (billions?) so if they wanted to give him a ‘golden handshake’ I’d get it - why make it public though? Could be done behind closed doors to avoid this PR disaster.

There wasn't enough money in the kitty to subsidise cheaper tickets a couple of years ago , so I think that is why this "bonus" sticks in the craw of mny fans. As well as the fact that hundreds of millions of pounds was paid to agents last year and the whole lot looks pretty tawdry.

You have to give credit to the premier league in the way it’s propelled itself to the most watched league in the world, and I think it’s done a great job at progressing but keeping a lot of the traditions and beauty of the game. There are a few who have fallen out with the modern game, but it’s only a few. The money that’s come into the English game I’m sure has benefitted local communities and getting kids into the sport.

I haven’t read the ins and out of the request but to ask for a retrospective bonus sounds obscene. Wonder if he puts it back into grassroots? I might drop him an email telling how I've indirectly supported the success of the PL through my spending watching the villa and purchasing sky sports. So if he can reimburse me with £50k that’ll be an acceptable settlement.