Richard Scudamore..money!!! | Vital Football

Richard Scudamore..money!!!

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
Did anyone else feel a tad miffed that each of the 20 Prem league teams have been asked to contribute a quarter of a million quid each so that poor Richard (Salary £2.5m per annum) gets an extra £5m bonus at his upcoming leaving do.
There is no doubt that Scudamore has done very well in maximizing a tidal wave of cash from everywhere on the planet into the Premier League pockets . Clubs are absolutely awash with cash from every sponsorship and TV bidding war. You even get over £90m for finishing bloody last!

The gap between Prem football and that in our league is already astronomical but it gets bigger rather than smaller as so little money filters down to lower levels of football.
To see the mega rich Prem boys club ask for a quick whip round to raise £5m is a massive insult and slap in the face to every fan who forks out hard earned cash every week to support his or her club. Because somewhere down the line it is those fans who will eventually pay.

Last edited:
As someone on twitter asked, if there was a suggested whip round to save several non league clubs what do you think the response might be ? Various non league clubs have collapsed for the want of a lot less than £5 million.

But where do you draw the line? Should all clubs pay to support the low paid who make football boots / kits.

He has nothing to do with the FL he only works for the premiership and he has made them an absolute fortune in the deals he has done.

I dont know what bonus scheme we was on but in my view they are doing the right thing by asking Premiership clubs IF they want to contribute - its not compulsory but most seem to to be happy to pay up so I assume they think he is worth it.

Hopefully his bonus will be donated IN FULL to a deserving cause as Scudamore’s legacy. Really bad PR all round if not and shows just how far removed from the real world these people are.

I wonder how the question was put to clubs.

‘Just £250k can help Richard buy a massive fuck off yacht. text OBSCENE to 5000000’

I did see that yesterday and found it a bit odd..... why were they asked in the first place ? Why would the clubs pay it ?
I am missing something here but I hope Mr Scally asks the same clubs for the same contribution.... can’t see it though

:toot::guitar:

It's only like the office whip round

"Sharon, do you want to sign Rich's leaving card? Oh. and stick something in the envelope will ya? Quarter've Mil'll do"

It seems crazy that the Premier League’s riches are not distributed more evenly down the Football League, and down into non league and grassroots football, but I guess they would argue they are not part of the Football League, so why should they?

Scudamore has milked the Global TV market bubble to the max, and made himself very wealthy in the process, so a £5m retirement gift rather than something more traditional like a nice watch seems excessive.

Last edited:
20 Prem league teams have been asked to contribute a quarter of a million quid each so that poor Richard (Salary £2.5m per annum) gets an extra £5m bonus at his upcoming leaving do.
Makes PDPS appear somewhat underpaid! :sneaky:

The structure of our game and society is becoming more like Medieval times by the year. A handful of super rich and a load of serfs.

Absolutely spot on, '58.

Football mirrors society in as much as the rich are getting richer, and the gap between the rich and the poor is ever increasing.

If you can see it and don't like it in football then you should be able to see it in society. If it pisses you off in relation to football it should make you fcking angry when you see it happening in society.

If you don't like it in football you're gonna have to play your part in changing our society, because football ain't gonna change unless society does first.

And they have confirmed he will be the bonus - according to the BBC ;

The Premier League's UK television rights were valued at about £670m when Scudamore joined the organisation in 1999, while the most recent deal was worth £5.14bn.

He will thank each and everyone of you who pay to watch Premiership football on the TV

It's only like the office whip round

"Sharon, do you want to sign Rich's leaving card? Oh. and stick something in the envelope will ya? Quarter've Mil'll do"

I make it more like,

Person A “ The MD is leaving of his own accord to get another highly paid job elsewhere, do you wanna put into his collection?”

Person B “but hang on, they layed the bog cleaner off last week. And the two delivery drivers have had their hours cut in half. I haven’t seen their collections.......”

Person A “never mind them. You putting in or not?”

Absolutely spot on, '58.
Football mirrors society in as much as the rich are getting richer, and the gap between the rich and the poor is ever increasing.

If you can see it and don't like it in football then you should be able to see it in society. If it pisses you off in relation to football it should make you fcking angry when you see it happening in society.

If you don't like it in football you're gonna have to play your part in changing our society, because football ain't gonna change unless society does first.

I think that situation was summed up by that Persimmon boss that ended up with a 75 million pound bonus purely thanks to a boom created by a government policy (buy to let) and then said it was "unfortunate" that he was asked about it at all, effectively blaming the interviewer.

I have heard their buildings can be pretty shoddy as well.

He has since "resigned" but has kept the bonus and will probably get a huge pay off before being hired by another big company where he has made contacts on their corporate gravy train.

Happily, I console myself with the fact that money can not buy you health, talents or real friends.

Not wishing to piss on your bonfire but it can certainly help with the first two and even give you more time to enjoy the third.

Of course you are right, Nibbs, but it will only take you so far.

If you have an accident or become gravely ill (and I would not wish that on anyone) private hospitals do not have A&Es.

If you want to front a rock band but you are tone deaf and have a voice like a pained hyena, the best music instructor in the world will not be able to obtain your dream for you.

As for real friends, ask some big lottery winners how many people suddenly started finding them fascinating, and how quickly the conversation turned to money and material things.

If you buy a big or sporty car, you or your chaffeur will still get stuck in the same traffic jams as the prols.

Alright, may be I am just naive:(