Rhys Bennett signs | Vital Football

Rhys Bennett signs

Decent signing it does all seem to point to a back three which I think will suit our full backs.
Also very useful that he can play defensive midfield. So if the three is not a option there are other options for Evans without leaving out a big lad.It could be we will get a more defensive left back in which will mean even more options formation wise.I like the fact he appears to know where the opposition goal is.A few goals from centre backs is always useful.
My brother was at Scouts with a lad called Gordon Bennett many years ago now.

I saw that - parents must have a good sense of humour!

Never heard of him, but record looks decent - big lad and good goal record for a defender.

I think we were heavily linked to him last year when he ended up going to Carlisle. Everyone then was saying he’d be a good replacement for Max. Now looks like they will be in the same XI.

Good signing. Bennett`s just had a pretty good season at Carlisle, who looked like promotion certs until the long lay-off destroyed their momentum. He had been offered a new contract at Carlisle for 21/22 but it seems he didn`t fancy it. Was at Burton Albion on trial at the beginning of this month.

Big strong centre-back who can also play full-back - very good pick-up for GFC. Welcome Rhys.

A good age so hopefully we will be looking to extend his contract ASAP after the embargo is lifted.

Good signing. Bennett`s just had a pretty good season at Carlisle, who looked like promotion certs until the long lay-off destroyed their momentum. He had been offered a new contract at Carlisle for 21/22 but it seems he didn`t fancy it. Was at Burton Albion on trial at the beginning of this month.

Big strong centre-back who can also play full-back - very good pick-up for GFC. Welcome Rhys.
If we did better Burton's offer that's no mean feat as they appear to be a club who find cash down the back of the sofa.

Good news, a sound player and finally 5 (a handful) of new players. Well done for beating everyone to it OSK......:bow: and well done to BFSE for making it happen.

Right place, right time aflp. Just happened to be scrolling through my Facebook feed and it popped up about 2mins after Gills posted it 👍

Finally, Facebook did something useful…