Rheady | Vital Football

Rheady

I would have thought it was an April fool if it wasn't July. Maybe the heat has gone to everyone's head.

Wish him well, but it seems an odd move to me.

They are chucking money about so perhaps they paid us more then we could refuse and paying in £££££££. He will get more game time too

This from the official website,

Danny Cowley admitted he was sad to see Matt Rhead leave Sincil Bank for pastures new today as the striker moved to Billaricay Town, but the Imps’ manager says it’s ultimately a decision which was the correct one for everyone involved.

“I woke up this morning knowing that this deal would probably go through and it’s sad that we won’t be able to see Matt in the red and white shirt again. It’s an ambitious project for Matt to move into, we’re always player centred first, and this is the right decision for everyone, we’ve got to look at the bigger picture.

“Unfortunately, where we are is that we have to create finance, and it’s too good a deal for Matt to turn down. It’s a two-year deal for him so it’s ultimately a good deal for all parties.”

Gutted, absolutely gutted. Really thought he still had something left to offer.

I would have loved one last final chant of 'Rheady' to echo round the stands. He's an icon, cult hero, legend and has been a massive part of the turn around in our fortune. I wish him all the best in the future, he genuinely deserves it.

What a man. One of my all time favorite players.

Last edited:
He could have done a job in L2 or NL but at his stage of his career, why not chase the money. I wonder what he was on at Lincoln?

That's disappointing. Sad to see him go. Hope things work out. He's another owner I wouldn't want to be associated with

A true legend and a hero. Hope he does well at his new club and there is some sort of goodbye at sincil bank or a testimonial.