Rhead in Limbo? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rhead in Limbo?

Leicester don't really play a pressing style, and Ulloa barely featured last year. Same applies to Pelle at Saints iirc.

Pelle played quite a few games last season 16 starts plus 7 subs appearances. He was injured for a while losing his place to Shane Long. He played virtually all of the season before.

My comment was more about big immobile strikers not necessarily being unable to play the pressing game. Plenty of big guys do.

The point I was trying to make is that it isn't about 11 headless chickens running constantly for 90 minutes. It is about the team hunting in packs and pressing early.

It isn't the old fashioned style of a striker sprinting around between the defenders and midfield, it is about the striker going to the ball carrier and then midfelders going to the next recipient etc trying to force the hoof or mistake.

I like your line of thinking Greeny and can see that we could, therefore, keep Rheady.

I like your line of thinking Greeny and can see that we could, therefore, keep Rheady.

He was the highlite in our season. With few seasons left in his career who could blame Rhead for seeking added financial security. If he is asked to stay, then he is welcome.