Revisiting those sitters | Vital Football

Revisiting those sitters

I watched the full nine minutes video and thought it looked worse than live.
Unbelievable Jeff !!!

I wasn't able to watch but Kentonline said Crewe 'missed chances'. You're right in your title, they were sitters!

With the run we were on we just needed a win any which way to be honest!

We were very lucky after an awful first half where we basically let them have the ball and they ran rings around us then proceeded to miss the target every time. We improved in second half when switching to the diamond formation with Akinde coming on, but they still missed another 2-3 clear chances, although our defence was much better.

As Evans pointed out though, there’s been a few games recently where we ought to have been a couple of goals up before conceding, so perhaps it’s just evening out that run of form.

I'm really pleased that we won a game where the opposition missed so many chances. I've lost count of the times that's happened to us. Just this season we've hit the post, crossbar, missed a penalty etc when we've been much the better side, only for the other team to go down the other end and score.....usually in the 85th minute!

The first was a definite sitter and a shocking miss. One of the others was probably in the “should have buried that” category. But everything else was just “chances” not sitters imho. And Lumley made a couple of decent saves in there, particularly the one from Mandron onto the post and back to him.

They neglected to show Dempsey’s (I think or was it MacKenzie?) cracking turn and decent shot, plus TOC’s header that he should also have done better with.

Crewe definitely deserved more, but it wasn’t one way traffic, especially after h/t.