Retirement | Vital Football

Retirement

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Well, it's official. My wife and I are now retired! You're far too young I hear you say. Well yes, I am only in my late fifties but we've made some sensible financial decisions over the years and now my wife has reached the official retirement age (66) it's time to give up work after all these years.
What will you do besides cheering Pool onto into the Premiership? Well, we've just bought a brand new puppy, a new semi-rural property and we also love to travel so we won't be bored rest assured.
On with the next phase of life!

Enjoy the retirement. Travel within Australia might just be possible and you can always eat the dog if the money runs out but you have made a great decision. Life is too short to waste on working.:party:

Thanks all of you. My health hasn't been the best in the last year so hoping to rest more and slow down a bit.
We'll be thinking of you who are still working...

What's male retirement age now in Blighty?
67 only 65 when I retired it passes very quickly so enjoy it while you can,none of us know what is around the corner.Are retiring in Australia or New Zealand ?

Last edited:
They are gradually increasing the state retirement age to 70 years over the next 20 years. For me and the wife it will we when we are 66, in 4 years. We both retired at 60, although I do some part time work which averages about 2.5 days per week. Best of both worlds (when lockdown has unwound) although I will probably stop working completely when the state pension kicks in.

Australia Prem. I haven't lived in NZ for 20 years now - oh how time flies.

The 'official' age for me to retire here is 66 but I thought I'd get in early.

Much the same as I did with Angela....