Retained & Released: | Page 5 | Vital Football

Retained & Released:

The club has just confirmed it's retained list

Darikwa, Dodoo, Lee Evans, Owen Evans, Jones, Joseph, Keane, Merrie and Viv offered extensions

Clough, Gardner, Perry and Whelan all leave.

Dodoo and Viv still without clubs?
I presume (and hope) we must have retracted anything on the table for them.

Dodoo and Viv still without clubs?
I presume (and hope) we must have retracted anything on the table for them.

It's impossible to know for certain until either side confirms the offer has been retracted.

We still have a small squad and arguably could do with back up in those positions so we may still be happy for them to sign and the contract offer still on the table. The fact we are paying good wages to the new arrivals makes me think Viv and Dodoo must have been offered a significantly lower wage or short term deal, so maybe we've made a take it or leave it offer and will leave it there until we sign an alternative. Or maybe the offers have been retracted and they are out on their own now.

They were clearly looking elsewhere thinking they can get better than what we've offered and we weren't pushing to get them to agree. Wouldn't shock me if either ended up signing still but i'm not expecting it.

It's impossible to know for certain until either side confirms the offer has been retracted.

We still have a small squad and arguably could do with back up in those positions so we may still be happy for them to sign and the contract offer still on the table. The fact we are paying good wages to the new arrivals makes me think Viv and Dodoo must have been offered a significantly lower wage or short term deal, so maybe we've made a take it or leave it offer and will leave it there until we sign an alternative. Or maybe the offers have been retracted and they are out on their own now.

They were clearly looking elsewhere thinking they can get better than what we've offered and we weren't pushing to get them to agree. Wouldn't shock me if either ended up signing still but i'm not expecting it.
Looks like VSO is still with us for now, I saw him at the self serve tills in Wigan Asda about an hour ago.

Looks like VSO is still with us for now, I saw him at the self serve tills in Wigan Asda about an hour ago.

Someone on Twitter said the other week they were driving past the training ground and he was driving out.

Maybe he's seeing the physio as he recovers from the injury he played through last season until he gets set up somewhere else. Considering he got the injury playing for us and played on despite carrying the injury we probably owe a duty of care to help him recover.

It was claimed in the press several months ago that Solomon-Otabor rejected Charlton and Doncaster and chose to stay with us. IF this is true, this would suggest that he was loyal to the club. He has to do what he thinks is right for his career. If he does stay, I'm sure that he'll be committed and will give 100%. A fully fit and in form Solomon-Otabor is an asset at this level.

It was claimed in the press several months ago that Solomon-Otabor rejected Charlton and Doncaster and chose to stay with us. IF this is true, this would suggest that he was loyal to the club. He has to do what he thinks is right for his career. If he does stay, I'm sure that he'll be committed and will give 100%. A fully fit and in form Solomon-Otabor is an asset at this level.

I thought it was rumoured that he had failed a medical at Charlton.

I thought it was rumoured that he had failed a medical at Charlton.

Probably did Sid, he was carrying that injury for the latter part of the season and had an operation as the season ended. He might not have fully recovered and Charlton weren't prepared to take the chance.

Just reported that Everton are no longer looking to sign Carragher leaving the field open for Steven Gerrard at Rangers to take him for a reduced fee due to cross border reg's.