Retained list | Page 6 | Vital Football

Retained list

I hate this Salary Sport website, the values they report must be guess work. No way would the salaries be in the public domain

I've never seen it until today, but I can assure you the figures aren't right for at least one of those clubs in a number of cases. Guesswork. :wagging:

I’ve only just seen the list (three lists) - disappointed in 2 or 3 of those we’ve got to keep (tutonda and Lee in particular) surprised in 3 or 4 (Chapman, Thomson, Lloyd, sithole) being released and not being offered anything, pleased we’ve offered McKenzie something and of course we had to offer Tucker something.

The retained bunch feels a bit ancient - experienced they may be, but are they up for a fight in League 2?

I’ve only just seen the list (three lists) - disappointed in 2 or 3 of those we’ve got to keep (tutonda and Lee in particular) surprised in 3 or 4 (Chapman, Thomson, Lloyd, sithole) being released and not being offered anything, pleased we’ve offered McKenzie something and of course we had to offer Tucker something.

The retained bunch feels a bit ancient - experienced they may be, but are they up for a fight in League 2?
Judging on comments by Harris most might be shown the door if he is able too.Terms could be important. IE if the retained players are on league one salaries even low ones the best we might get is a loan deal or a paid up in part agreement. If their pay is reduced due to religation then their is a chance they might get better offers .in the case of fit players there is always a chance.Those carrying injuries it is much more of a problem.

I thought I would list the retained players in order of concern.
1 McDonald purely fitness. Good player from what I have seen.
2 Lee sorry for me he didn't want to be with us all of last season that doesn't bode well for next season.
3 Reeves again fitness related. But did seem to want to play .Purely a squad player if he stays.Some hope that he would move on if fully fit long enough.
4 Ehmer always 100% must be on a decent amount Harris clearly doesn't rate him that highly but will do his best .
5 Tutonda almost certainly not on big money. For that reason I think being left footed he might find takers and someone willing to give him another chance.
6 Woods Tiny salary been playing with a very difficult men's team all year should make moving him on if necessary easy.
7 O'Keefe I would expect him to stay hopeful be a important part of the team next season.

However I expect Akehurst to sign and be our reserve left back. That leaves Tutonda third choice at best if McKenzie signs possibly fourth choice. Being left footed though I can see there being offers from lower down the leagues.

I know you really really don't like Tutonda but the above is just ridiculous. Tutonda will be main reserve if Harris brings in a new first choice.

McKenzie is a right back who can fill in as a DM I believe and if he re-signs will likely be the first choice of right back now that Jackson has moved on.

Bailey Akehurst is the right footed midfielder who played a handful of games for us last season. I think you are confusing him with Harvey Lintott who was the left back, but he is on the "to be released" list.

Right now we only have a single left back in the squad and I doubt Harris will give priority to signing a couple of first choice left backs when there are so many other priorities. This isn't to say Harris won't consider offers, be he at worse will be back up and not 4th choice.

Of course, it might also depend on the formation Harris decides to go for. If he plans to play with wingbacks then he might decide Tutonda is sufficent for the last season of his contract.

I know you really really don't like Tutonda but the above is just ridiculous. Tutonda will be main reserve if Harris brings in a new first choice.

McKenzie is a right back who can fill in as a DM I believe and if he re-signs will likely be the first choice of right back now that Jackson has moved on.

Bailey Akehurst is the right footed midfielder who played a handful of games for us last season. I think you are confusing him with Harvey Lintott who was the left back, but he is on the "to be released" list.

Right now we only have a single left back in the squad and I doubt Harris will give priority to signing a couple of first choice left backs when there are so many other priorities. This isn't to say Harris won't consider offers, be he at worse will be back up and not 4th choice.

Of course, it might also depend on the formation Harris decides to go for. If he plans to play with wingbacks then he might decide Tutonda is sufficent for the last season of his contract.
As I posted above I don't think Tutonda is a massive problem. I do think he will probably move on .I agree that McKenzie could well be used as a right back but similar to Fuller if he is needed I can see McKenzie being switched if necessary. Harris has made it fairly clear he has played a back three because he felt he had too not because he wanted too .Tutonda is much improved but he is still not nearly good enough. But as I said being left footed there is a very limited supply. So I do think another manager will want him,who does intend to use wing backs .Harris has played 442 at previous clubs and I would expect him to revert to that with us.That possibly also means that Ehmer and Lee might also not be a good fit .If part of the reason for the three was Ehmer.Lee's performances unlike Tutonda never really improved under Harris at all.

Akehurst is a left back. Lintott a right back who can play at Central defence or midfield.

Last edited:
As I posted above I don't think Tutonda is a massive problem. I do think he will probably move on .I agree that McKenzie could well be used as a right back but similar to Fuller if he is needed I can see McKenzie being switched if necessary. Harris has made it fairly clear he has played a back three because he felt he had too not because he wanted too .Tutonda is much improved but he is still not nearly good enough. But as I said being left footed their is a very limited supply so I do think another manager will want him who does intend to use wing backs .Harris has played 442 at previous clubs and I would expect him to revert to that with us.That possibly also means that Ehmer and Lee might also not be a good fit .If part of the reason for the three was Ehmer.Lee's performances unlike Tutonda never really improved under Harris at all.

NH mentioned that some players had their confidence destroyed by the last management team. If Lee was one of those, maybe NH can salvage things?

NH said the other week that the reason we switched to a wing back system was because our fullbacks (in a four) weren't good enough defensively and therefore didn't allow us to play in a four.

NH has already said he wants to play with a back four next season and the fact he's already let Jackson go, i wouldn't be surprised if Tutunda is not far behind him. Can't see him getting any game time if we play a back four.

Akehurst is a left back.

Not according to the official club site:

1652210233223.png

Lintott a right back who can play at Central defence or midfield.

Seem to recall him only coming on as a fullback for either Tutonda or McKenzie (looking at Soccerbase then maybe half the time Jackson was also playing, so McKenzie was probably playing left back). Don't recall him playing in the middle of defence or midfield.

1652210270089.png

View attachment 57570

Seem to recall him only coming on as a fullback for either Tutonda or McKenzie (looking at Soccerbase then maybe half the time Jackson was also playing, so McKenzie was probably playing left back). Don't recall him playing in the middle of defence or midfield.

View attachment 57571
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59187394
I think this shows Akehurst played at Hillsborough as left back and he also I believe crossed for our goal.

Seems be referred to as a left back here:
Bailey Akehurst - Wikipedia

Also, seems to be at left back in the formation for this game:
crewe gillingham - Google Search

You are trusting Wikipedia over the official club site?

As for the google search, we moved a player in McKenzie who had been playing left back into an attacking midfield role so was can play Akehurst (who according to the official club site is a midfielder) at left back.

1652212008530.png

Maybe he did fill in at left back for a match but I would trust the official club website over whatever webite you just linked to that had the above graphic

View attachment 57570

View attachment 57571

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59529444
I think you will see Lintott is a right back which is his primary role.