Retained list | Page 8 | Vital Football

Retained list

I can name 3 straight away in the form of Salford, Bradford and the whoever comes from the Conference. Doncaster Rovers too?

Obviously we’ll never know exactly, but from what I’ve heard, Salford are well bankrolled and will have funds, Wrexham and/or Stockport (whoever comes up) will be. I’m not so sure about Donny, they were well backed a few seasons ago but not so sure now. Bradford have good crowds, but a Bradford mate at work says that they aren’t that well funded, so they may have more funds than us but doubt we “can’t compete” with them. If Swine stay down, they’ll probably be in the same camp as Bradford. Beyond that, no one else stands out as teams we “can’t compete” with financially, which I take as meaning they’re in a different league money-wise to us which for me means bankrolled. I am really struggling to find any case for 9 names in that division being in that category. Would be interesting to hear Mr Scally’s take - imagine it’ll be different to NH’s and the truth is probably be in the middle. I sincerely hope NH isn’t going to go down this lack of budget one that Evans kept trotting out.

I can name 3 straight away in the form of Salford, Bradford and the whoever comes from the Conference. Doncaster Rovers too?
Yes, Off top of my head I’ll say Wrexham and Stockport (if promoted), Bradford City, Salford City, Doncaster Rovers, Northampton Town (if not promoted), even Stevenage have a bit of money behind them, AFC Wimbledon will have a similar budget to us, maybe slightly higher, Leyton Orient will have a good budget for League 2 also.