Retained List | Vital Football

Retained List

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
I'm not going to try and guess who will, or won't, be released now that the season is over. However I do have question, without a manager (and probably his assistant will soon follow) who will be deciding who gets released, the Head of Recruitment?

I would have thought the list was compiled weeks ago.

Personally there is only Mols and maybe Killip who I would be sad to see go. The rest have shown that when to going gets tough .......

With the announcement, last week, of the Retained List and those who have been offered a new contract, the scale of recruitment required is huge.
Assuming that Mols and Timi are unlikely to sign new contracts the squad is down to only 13 or so players.
Presumably, recruitment can't commence until a new manager is in place so that he can mould a team to match his preferred style. Which makes the appointment all the more urgent and critical.

Cant believe Cook has been offered a deal. He never managed a full 90 minutes for us all season and has been injured since the away game at Oldham. He is obviously not fit enough for League Football. When will we ever learn?