Retained List - Your Reaction In At Least 150 Words For The Front Page! | Vital Football

Retained List - Your Reaction In At Least 150 Words For The Front Page!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Please could someone provide at least 150 words containing their views on the retained list on this thread so I can turn it into an article?

I'm hoping to publish the article tomorrow morning, so will need something tonight!

Since the turn of the year the Coronavirus pandemic has affected all aspects of life and tonight, as our beloved Lincoln City reveal the list of players who will be released at the end of their contract the economic fall out for the club and individual players is clear to all supporters. Renewed contracts goes beyond the ability of players now. It comes down to survival of the club.
Would the names of, in particular Michael Bostwick, Neal Eardley and Josh Vickers been included upon this list if the virus had not struck and the flow of money into the club come to a standstill. I suspect not. This is an extraordinary time for all and economics has unfortunately been the overriding requirement at this time. Our esteemed chairman has already said as much this evening.
So the list of those released isn't that much of a shock. Those on higher wages have become the unfortunate fallout of the pandemic. We will miss these players at the club, and they now find themselves wondering where their personal futures lie.
All Lincoln supporters know why these players have been released and whether you think we are now poorer on the playing side, todays' announcement and decisions go beyond that. This is about the survival of this football club we all love.

To the players who have worn the Lincoln shirt with honour and pride I want to send out my personal thanks and best wishes. When we consider in years to come those players who we admired there are many upon this released list who will feature highly.

Can you garner some longer comments from the other retained list thread, and cobble them together, in a sort of "Fans Quotes" type thing?? A bit like the quotes from the "Who said quiz".
This will give a bigger spread of views, and also involve more people, rather than just relying on the same few to put something up.
I know it's harder work for you, but I think it will give a more interesting read to see a different take on the subject :p:p:p

Can you garner some longer comments from the other retained list thread, and cobble them together, in a sort of "Fans Quotes" type thing?? A bit like the quotes from the "Who said quiz".
This will give a bigger spread of views, and also involve more people, rather than just relying on the same few to put something up.
I know it's harder work for you, but I think it will give a more interesting read to see a different take on the subject :p:p:p

To be fair, most of the time I do include views from more than one person.

Unfortunately the retained list brings home the reality of the current situation.
We do not know when we will have spectators again at matches or when we will be playing again. There is just no income coming into the club.
The EFL are still farting around afraid to make any decisions in case they upset the ' bigger ' clubs in our league.
All clubs on a similar or worse financial position as us will be doing exactly the same thing it is about clinging to survival.
It is sad to see anyone leaving through necessity rather than choice.
Bossie and Eards in particular, both crowd pleasers. I hope they find employment elsewhere they deserve to play in front of an audience.
But even players of their calibre at this level may well struggle to find another club if they do it will be at reduced wages.
This is a fight for survival that we are not certain to survive our support as fans at the moment is crucial to this survival. We may not like the fact that fan favourites are leaving but we have to support the clubs decisions.

Unfortunately the retained list brings home the reality of the current situation.
We do not know when we will have spectators again at matches or when we will be playing again. There is just no income coming into the club.
The EFL are still farting around afraid to make any decisions in case they upset the ' bigger ' clubs in our league.
All clubs on a similar or worse financial position as us will be doing exactly the same thing it is about clinging to survival.
It is sad to see anyone leaving through necessity rather than choice.
Bossie and Eards in particular, both crowd pleasers. I hope they find employment elsewhere they deserve to play in front of an audience.
But even players of their calibre at this level may well struggle to find another club if they do it will be at reduced wages.
This is a fight for survival that we are not certain to survive our support as fans at the moment is crucial to this survival. We may not like the fact that fan favourites are leaving but we have to support the clubs decisions.

Agree with all that , maybe its not the end of Bossi and Eards, as Clubs at our / their level will be in a similar situation, however until the future is more certain its sad, but the only thing to do. They gave us defensive security which will be very difficult to replace. Spectators at games is the only financial option, none of this daft behind closed doors stuff ! UTI.