Retained List And Squad | Page 6 | Vital Football

Retained List And Squad

We have to be ruthless IMHO.
Those currently looking for a new deal or on the edges of the squad are they good enough to get us promoted?
Probably not, we need players to take us to the next level and I don't think they will.

Didn't realise Whitehouse was out contact, if he departs that would say we are being quite ruthless. Personally would like to keep him.

Certainly think whatever happens Rhead will be plan B next season. Even if through no fault of his own, I think refs having it in for him will not have helped.

Quite surprised that Long, Walton and Whitehouse have all been offered contracts. I expected only 1, maybe 2 at a push, of them to be offered deals.

Pleased Whitehouse has been offered a new contract, think he thoroughly deserved it. I am not so sure about Long possibly a squad player as long as the wages aren’t to high.

Surprised about Walton - but not Long and Whitehouse - it could be another long season for Long, forgive the pun, if Eardley's form continues - having said that I would play Long on the right hand side of midfield as he showed pace and overlapping ability when he played at RB last year - and would be able to drop back and support the RB

Totally agree. Very pleased Whitehouse has got a new contract. still think Sean Long has something to offer and they obviously think Walton has a future here, good enough for me.

What's the situation with Nathan Arnold? Has his contract expired? No mention of him anywhere unless he is just still under contract!

I think DC will be focussing on a new LB, hence Long staying and not wanting to look for a new RB, too. They like continuity and you're going to struggle to find a new signing who will be happy being back-up for 90% of the season.

Long's been here 18 months now and knows what we're about.

Whitehouse I thought would have been offered a deal. Long is a decent enough squad player offering cover in a couple of positions and is probably not on a lot of money so I can understand that one. Walton is an interesting one. Not seen him play so very difficult to give a full view but obviously some potential must be there.

I just hope that Walton's offer isn't indicative of Vickers injury being worse than reported and this offer, which again will be on smallish wage, is solely as a cover all in case we can't get someone else in

Totally agree. Very pleased Whitehouse has got a new contract. still think Sean Long has something to offer and they obviously think Walton has a future here, good enough for me.

What's the situation with Nathan Arnold? Has his contract expired? No mention of him anywhere unless he is just still under contract!

Nathan is under contract until 2019. I still think he may get a payoff to let him focus on other things other than football as I suspect his heart isn't in it anymore

They may want a fee for Arnold if he goes to another club - could end back at Salford now the Chuckle Brothers have left and they are under new/professional management -

Don’t whitehouse getting a new deal as long as my he’s considered a squad player. Not sure he quite has the quality to be a starter.

Very surprised about Walton. I thought the young reserve was highly rated and might get pro terms. It could also suggest that they will be open to offers for Farman and / or that Alsop won't be brought in.