Retained List And Squad | Page 7 | Vital Football

Retained List And Squad

There is only ever room for two Goal-keepers in a match-day squad, which means either we know one of our three is going in the summer, one of them will be going out on loan or one is a long-term injury concern.
Personally I think Walton will go straight out on a season long loan, with the option to recall him in January if needed.

Could there be some youth players offered contracts as well? Had a couple on the bench towards the end of the season, don't know if they would announce that separately

DC saying 4/5 more.......more like 7 to 8 for me.

we need opposition for each shirt all over the pitch especially in the front line......break the bank for strikers or kiss your aarse goodbye.

Now he has been offered a contract and given his age, would we not be entitled to compensation for Long should he leave? If so, he was always going to be made an offer. Not sure if Whitehouse is quite young enough to fall under this ruling.

Worth remembering that being offered a contract doesn't necessarily mean it will be worth signing from the player's point of view - it could be on much reduced pay, different stipulations in it etc, to make them cheaper to keep around. So it may turn out that they feel they have to go elsewhere to get a reasonable wage, despite the offer of a contract.

I am very happy with today's events.

Pleased for Farman as it looks like he will remain number 2 (though not sure that's the best thing for Lincoln)...

Now he has been offered a contract and given his age, would we not be entitled to compensation for Long should he leave? If so, he was always going to be made an offer. Not sure if Whitehouse is quite young enough to fall under this ruling.

He is 23 so we would be entitled to a fee if he rejects the contract offer and joins another club. I doubt any fee would be much more than a token payment.

Whitehouse is 24 so no compensation for him so Danny’s offer must be in the hope he stays.

Long I feel is to get compensation or at least a % of future transfer fee written into a deal with a potential new club

Although, I would keep Sean Long anyway, if only as a full-back back up. He has done absolutely nothing wrong whilst representing Lincoln City FC and deserves his contract. I, for one, hope he takes it.

I thought Long was one of our better players when he was getting regular game time. We gave him an horrendous debut last year out of position but he did very well to improve on that.

Can't think why we'd offer him lesser terms - that's just an insult. Imagine if your employer decided to slash your wages...

Walton will go out on loan so his wages will be covered.

It would be difficult to cover his whole wages. Eg. If you manage to loan him for 6 months at say 80% of LCFC wage costs ,you will still be left to pay 60% of his costs.

Why have so many people got a negative attitude towards Walton? Has anyone seen him play much? Danny and Nicky along with Jimmy Walker clearly think he is worth a contract offer and I guess they know more than any of us do so that's good enough for me!

Sean Long is like Farman in his attitude. Every time you see him he's happy to be here, even without a lot of game time. These guys are what we are about.

Why have so many people got a negative attitude towards Walton? Has anyone seen him play much? Danny and Nicky along with Jimmy Walker clearly think he is worth a contract offer and I guess they know more than any of us do so that's good enough for me!
He was pretty poor against Gainsborough last year so that might be part of it. Not attacking him just offering a reason some have doubts.

Walton another 'future star' in the Ellis Chapman mould? He'll get better, still only a youngster (aaargh, making myself feel old again) and we have a great 'keeping team.

Walton another 'future star' in the Ellis Chapman mould? He'll get better, still only a youngster (aaargh, making myself feel old again) and we have a great 'keeping team.

If that is your photo, how can you be making yourself feel old again? You certainly do not look it!

Sorry about the charm offensive, just saying what I see...

If that is your photo, how can you be making yourself feel old again? You certainly do not look it!

Sorry about the charm offensive, just saying what I see...

wow you old codger . Is that a line from your youth .

Mind you the young lady lives in London , so no wonder she dosent look it lol . :agree: