Elliott Whitehouse (contract offered)

Forwards (3):
Matt Rhead (2019)
Matt Green (2019)
Ollie Palmer (2019)

Total: 17
Under contract: 14
Contracts pending: 3

I think there are big question marks over Whitehouse and Long re signing and Walton is only back up so stand by for the Magnificent Seven Sequel or The Clean Half Dozen.

How many did DC want this season 22!
Awfull lot to potentially sign even if 2 are already signed but not announced yet !??

To be competitive we need a squad of 23. So if the 3 contracts offered are turned down, we need 9 in.

To be competitive we need a squad of 23. So if the 3 contracts offered are turned down, we need 9 in.
Nearer 30 if you want a true promotion push!
22 only offers cover for each position - injuries disallowing+ poor form.
in our numbers is Ellis Chapman who has hardly played first team footy.

Both play off finalists had approaching 30 and above players.
desperate need for more competition for places next season

Summer window is the time to do business

Nearer 30 if you want a true promotion push!
22 only offers cover for each position - injuries disallowing+ poor form.
in our numbers is Ellis Chapman who has hardly played first team footy.

Both play off finalists had approaching 30 and above players.
desperate need for more competition for places next season

Summer window is the time to do business
DC likes a smaller squad. And 30 could mean 16 in. That seems somewhat unrealistic. My 23 was minimum. But we'll be going for quality over quantity. High wages on few players. Reinforce January and or loans.

There is no way DC will have anywhere near 30 players. Around 22-24 of good quality meaning we have adequate back up in all areas sounds about right. Quality over quantity if we can get them over the line.

Updated following the signing of Harry Toffolo:

The current squad is (contract date):

Goalkeepers (2):
Josh Vickers (2019)
Richard Walton (contract offered)

Defenders (6):
Neal Eardley (2020)
Harry Toffolo (2020)
James Wilson (2020)
Sam Habergham (2019)
Luke Waterfall (2019)
Sean Long (contract offered)

Midfielders (7):
Harry Anderson (2020)
Bruno Andrade (2020)
Michael Bostwick (2020)
Ellis Chapman (2020)
Lee Frecklington (2020)
Tom Pett (2020)
Elliott Whitehouse (contract offered)

Forwards (3):
Matt Rhead (2019)
Matt Green (2019)
Ollie Palmer (2019)

Total: 18
Under contract: 15
Contracts pending: 3

25 will be too big IMO, particularly in the first half of the season.

I could half understand getting to a squad that size in the second half of the season due to any longish injuries or niggles, but we have a good record of managing players and getting them on the pitch regularly so I'm not sure we need to be looking at 25. Although if it's 25 with Chapman and Walton, then fair enough.

22/23 seniors should be enough.

25 will be too big IMO, particularly in the first half of the season.

I could half understand getting to a squad that size in the second half of the season due to any longish injuries or niggles, but we have a good record of managing players and getting them on the pitch regularly so I'm not sure we need to be looking at 25. Although if it's 25 with Chapman and Walton, then fair enough.

22/23 seniors should be enough.
I included Walton and Chapman in the 25.

So still required a left sided centre half to complement Wilson who is pacier than Waterfall? The marquee striker, hopefully Long to complete the defensive squad, back up keeper (youngster with a youth pedigree released from higher level?), a couple of loanees and replacement for Alex. The latter intrigues me the most as we will NOT get anyone who is anywhere near as energetic, super fitness levels or consistency as Woodyard. He will be badly missed unless DC has a magic bullet replacement in terms of style and formation to allow for what we have lost there. For me if we successfully adapt to meet this problem and the other signings pan out as we hope then we will surely see more progression this season.

So still required a left sided centre half to complement Wilson who is pacier than Waterfall? The marquee striker, hopefully Long to complete the defensive squad, back up keeper (youngster with a youth pedigree released from higher level?), a couple of loanees and replacement for Alex. The latter intrigues me the most as we will NOT get anyone who is anywhere near as energetic, super fitness levels or consistency as Woodyard. He will be badly missed unless DC has a magic bullet replacement in terms of style and formation to allow for what we have lost there. For me if we successfully adapt to meet this problem and the other signings pan out as we hope then we will surely see more progression this season.

I could maybe see Long going and us not replacing him, with Wilson and maybe Toffolo providing cover. Definitely need another goalkeeper and a left-sided centre half for the defence.

Midfield we need another defensive-minded central midfielder, another winger or two as cover for Anderson and Andrade, then a striker or two. If Whitehouse leaves then that's another one, ideally a technical but not lightweight central midfielder. All depends how Pett and Freck go next year and what system we play really.

I reckon another 8 players probably.

Currently sitting with 14 players with a realistic chance of a first team game,(discounts contract offered not signed) we have a great deal of business still to do and that discounts any leavers.

Still of the opinion small squad model too risky to get out of league 2 .....it did not work last year.......fact.

I am fairly sure Long, Whitehouse and Walton are about to disappear. We are now almost at the middle of June - surely they would have signed by now, were they genuine contract offers.

I am fairly sure Long, Whitehouse and Walton are about to disappear. We are now almost at the middle of June - surely they would have signed by now, were they genuine contract offers.
I'm sure you're right. We would be due a fee/compensation for Walton and Long but not Whitehouse? That may be a genuine offer but the player wants more opportunities.