Retained List - 10 Released | Vital Football

Retained List - 10 Released

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Blackpool manager Gary Bowyer has started his preparations for the 2018/19 season by announcing his retained list.
The club can confirm that Ben Williams, Andy Taylor, Jim McAlister, Will Aimson, Sessi D’Almeida, Danny Philliskirk, Jamille Matt, Raul Correia, Denzel Williams and Caleb Richards are to be released.
Options have been taken up to extend the contracts of Nathan Delfouneso and Jack Sims by a further year.
Discussions continue with Kelvin Mellor, Clark Robertson, Kyle Vassell, Mark Cullen, Armand Gnanduillet, Dolly Menga, Colin Daniel, Jay Spearing and Myles Boney about extending their stays at Bloomfield Road.
Meanwhile, Fin Sinclair-Smith has been offered a professional contract.

Manager Gary Bowyer said:
“I’d like to place on record my thanks to all those players leaving us at the end of the campaign for their efforts throughout their time here. Some of those players departing helped us achieve promotion 12 months ago, while others have either come through the academy or featured at stages this season.
“Ben Williams stepped up to the role of goalkeeper coach in February and he has been absolutely fantastic. He has done some great work with the keepers over the past few months, and I have no doubts that he will make a very successful transition to that role on a full-time basis when he’s ready. For the moment, he has stressed a desire to also continue playing and we wish him the best of luck.”

No real surprises on the outs other than Aimson and possibly Philliskirk.
Happy with Delf & Sims staying.
Sounds like we would have been happy with Williams as a coach only.
Pleased for Fin.
In this order priority for me to resign are:

Kelvin Mellor
Kyle Vassell
Clark Robertson
Jay Spearing
Mark Cullen
Frenchie
ColinDaniel
Dolly
Boney

Already under contract for the 2018/19 season: Nick Anderton, Max Clayton, Christoffer Mafoumbi, Scott Quigley, Rowan Roache, Jimmy Ryan, Curtis Tilt, Ollie Turton

Out of those 8 everyone has an option for a further year bar Ryan.

Mafoumbi - will depend if he is made the number 1 keeper.
Turton & Tilt will play enough next season to the club to invoke the automatic option meaning in effect they are tied in for another 2 years.

I'd have retained Aimson (centre backs tend to reach their best as they mature) and Sessi D'Almeida.

I'd have kept Aimson, definitely. He'll get another shot at this level I'd have thought.

No surprise really for anyone else. I'd like to move Clayton on if that's at all possible, can imagine he's on decent money.

Man U used to have a policy of offering new contracts when the player had 2 years left to run; if the player declined he would still have a transfer value and would be sold.

No real surprises on the outs other than Aimson and possibly Philliskirk.
Happy with Delf & Sims staying.
Sounds like we would have been happy with Williams as a coach only.
Pleased for Fin.
In this order priority for me to resign are:

Kelvin Mellor
Kyle Vassell
Clark Robertson
Jay Spearing
Mark Cullen
Frenchie
ColinDaniel
Dolly
Boney
That should be re-sign Sexy MichaelP