Restrictions on over 70s | Vital Football

Restrictions on over 70s

Premier 1

Vital Football Legend
Consideration being given by the Government on restrictions on over 70s attending football matches etc.The reason being the elderly more likely to be seriously effected by the Coronavirus virus..Views!

Does that mean you can't go to 'adult shops' Prem, as they may be more than a few people there?

This season is out for me anyway next season we shall see.Some elderly fans who have lost loved ones no doubt find going to matches a life line and would take the risk....

This could be challenged on 2 grounds. Firstly, age discrimination legislation, particularly an arbitrary age limit which would be difficult to police. Secondly, there is little logic to it as younger people are much more likely to be carriers of the virus, as they are much more mobile in terms of work and socially, both home and abroad. And those elderly people who feel at risk are probably already taking precautions.
I could vaguely understand a complete behind closed doors approach, but a partial one is a nonsense.
And on the same basis they should also close down the House of Lords, whose average age is well over 70!

This is surely nonsense as I was told the virus was developed as a culling mechanism to reduce the financial burden the old farts place on the exchequer ?

Fake news from The Bearded One - touche.
Virus spread through mis-information designed to bring down over-inflated economies and share markets...

We were due to see the Who in concert in a couple of weeks. They have just announced that the tour is off and will be rearranged later in the year

You still need to shop,preferably at quiet times but if it intends to get you it will.Nor can you hide behind a beard.We appear to be shutting the door when the horse has bolted,