Replica shirts | Vital Football

Replica shirts

Good question and I'll be intersted to hear that. I had to get an XXL last year (which was a Macron like this year) and that was fairly snug, but the previous few seasons with Gills leisure and other shirt-makers I could get into a large fairly easily and an XL which was pretty loose. So, if it's like last season, they may be on the tight size.

The fashion generally is for sports shirts to be tighter than they used to be - which is great for fit and skinny players, but not so good for us 40+ somethings sitting in the stand. I have an England rugby shirt from about 15 years ago and got one of the new Umbro ones last season - the old one is a large and more roomy than the XXL Umbro!

Saw a post on the Gills in the Blood FB page suggesting you order two sizes bigger than normal. That suggests the shirts are very much on the small side, but I don't know how accurate that comment is!

Saw a post on the Gills in the Blood FB page suggesting you order two sizes bigger than normal. That suggests the shirts are very much on the small side, but I don't know how accurate that comment is!

Sounds like the same as last season's macron ones. I'm usually a borderline L/XL, but the XXL was snug last year.

All clothes are smaller than they used to be. I've had to buy bigger sizes for everything this year.

Its a fact. Cant be bothered to look it up but a few years ago buyers asked for sizes to be labelled as one size smaller. Vanity has a lot o do with clothes shopping evidently.

Clothes coming from china always seem to be badly sized and generally come up smaller.

I am normally a Medium but decided to go for a Large for this season only. The confirmation email said I have ordered an XL. I am hoping that someone reads my email asking for a correction before sending it out.

Picked up my shirt XXL on Wednesday…… exchanged it today for 4XL.
I did measure the XXL that was 20 inch across the back. The 4XL is 24 inch, if that helps.

Morning chaps, I wore my Gills shirt to the gym this morning and got stopped on two separate occasions by two other Gills fans who also live in the area.

We are everywhere
I've got a couple of replica shirts from many moons ago (one with a sponsor of Kool, which from memory was a yoghurt) which thankfully I can still fit into and can be seen running around Surrey Quays & Rotherhithe in them. I've had a couple of 'piky' (vital won't let me put the e in) calls but I'm deep in knuckle dragger territory.