Remy Howarth Signs New Deal! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Remy Howarth Signs New Deal!

has come on game by game this season. he must also be doing well in training, and will now have a full summer with appleton to improve even more. going forward, we need to build the squad up a bit from only having 4, 5, or 6 subs for quite a few matches.

He was the star of pre-season.
And clearly wants to stay and learn and be part of whatever is coming next.
Good for him.

This is more suprising than Appleton signing a new deal. Didn't see this at all. In fact I was certain he would be leaving at the end of the season.

Appleton's obviously seen something he likes. Hopefully Howarth can continue to develop.
I think that might be the key - it’s a one-year extension but considering the leap in standard he’s made maybe MA has seen something he can develop into a potential Championship player - if that doesn’t give the lad confidence nothing will. 👍👍

Remy isn't quite like anything else we have. He isn't a centre-forward or a winger. He is an attacking threat, but difficult to Pidgeon hole: as Scully is. Remy works hard across the line, covers well, works hard, but he needs a little more quality ball control and demonstrable final ball delivery.

He has until December 2021 to show that he can step up and I, for one, would like to see him do so.

Not first team material yet but a good squad member. Has no doubt shown the right work ethic and attitude which has shown MAPP there is progress to be made. Hopefully Remi will kick on and develop into a player pushing for a start.

Remy isn't quite like anything else we have. He isn't a centre-forward or a winger. He is an attacking threat, but difficult to Pidgeon hole: as Scully is. Remy works hard across the line, covers well, works hard, but he needs a little more quality ball control and demonstrable final ball delivery.

He has until December 2021 to show that he can step up and I, for one, would like to see him do so.
Why December?

Why December?

That is the start of the last transfer window before the end of his contract. That would seem to me to be decision time for replacements/contract extensions given our record of long-term planning. Of course I could be wrong.

He was injured pre match last game that's why he wasn't included

Max Sanders is a doubt for Saturday's game with a tight hamstring. Remy Howarth is out with a similar issue.

Howarth suffered an injury ahead of Tuesday’s game against Swindon and will also miss out.

Last edited: