Remember Folks - Guns Are Not The Problem | Page 2 | Vital Football

Remember Folks - Guns Are Not The Problem

As someone who has been shooting since I was a kid, I can see the fun in it. It is a skill, and hitting the bullseye is very satisfying.

It does seem a strange situation to be in, though. It is obviously possible to live safely without a gun, and I would be with those that argue actually it's safer, so how did America get to this point? I may have to go and do a bit of digging, and see about the history of gun control in Europe, and see how difficult it was. There must have been thousands of weapons floating around after the War so how was that controlled? And why don't criminals here carry guns? It's not like they care about the law, and I'm sure they could get one if they tried?

I know the second Amendment is a big part of it, but is that it? Interesting to see.

Andy, I think you are simply adapting to the situation you find yourself in, I am concerned about the shootings as much as anyone but I can totally understand why you would have guns. I do believe that there should be a proper vetting system.

The problem largely is the number of guns that have changed hands many times with no record. Were not talking hundreds we are talking hundreds of thousands of fire arms passed down the generation, through family and sold at "Gun Meets" and street sales.

No ID required when your paying cash from someone who you wont ever see again....

I've got a Colt .45 that was deactivated, which I bought at a Western Re-enactment day. I am reliably informed it wouldn't take much to re-activate it again. Even here, it's not difficult.