Remember Folks - Guns Are Not The Problem | Vital Football

Remember Folks - Guns Are Not The Problem

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
Video console death: US boy, 9, 'kills sister, 13, over controller'

A 13-year-old girl in Mississippi has died after allegedly being shot by her nine-year-old brother over a video game, police say.

They said the boy grabbed a gun on Saturday afternoon after his sister would not give up the controller.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43455550

-------------

:21:

Well theres two sides to the coin, as I had it explained to me when chatting with Americans about the guns. Some people may be an hour from the nearest police enforcement. Here in the UK that would only be parts of Scotland etc.... But it may be you live in a remote ranch or farm where no one would be able to assist if assholes turned up armed.

Its easy to think with "our British mentality" but I suspect if anyone us were to become residents in America it would not be long before we purchased a pistol.

Well theres two sides to the coin, as I had it explained to me when chatting with Americans about the guns. Some people may be an hour from the nearest police enforcement. Here in the UK that would only be parts of Scotland etc.... But it may be you live in a remote ranch or farm where no one would be able to assist if assholes turned up armed.

Its easy to think with "our British mentality" but I suspect if anyone us were to become residents in America it would not be long before we purchased a pistol.

We have a member who lives in Florida. I think he bought a gun. He definitely talked about shootings in his neighbourhood.

When the constitution was written they had muzzle loading muskets. A well trained British infantry man could fire a maximum of three shots per minute. Now they can buy guns with a rate of fire that goes into the hundreds of rounds per minute. Even for self protection who needs that kind of firepower?

What could possibly go wrong?

The US Will Allow 3D-Printed Gun Blueprints Next Month

Starting next month, US citizens will be legally allowed to find the blueprints for a gun online, download them onto a 3D-printer and then create that firearm from scratch.

These often plastic-based weapons are not registered which can make them virtually untraceable, often resulting in them being called ‘ghost guns’.

:arrghh:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...k_5b507163e4b0de86f48a323c?utm_hp_ref=uk-tech

We have a member who lives in Florida. I think he bought a gun. He definitely talked about shootings in his neighbourhood.

That was me BB. I live in a decent neighborhood but I feel safer with my handgun than without. You never know where or when you'll bump into someone who is desperate for a fix or is high on bath salts. On the local news today one person was killed and 2 injured in a bad drug deal. Unfortunately this is pretty much a daily thing. And for those of you considering going to Orlando any time, do not watch their local news. You wouldn't leave your hotel room. Luckily the problems in Orlando are usually in the bad areas and away from the theme parks but occasionally their are shootings on International Drive.

If I lived in the USA I would undoubtedly have a gun for home defence
A pump action shotgun and a pistol for sure. Probably a Glock 17

I think you meant to say neighbourhood Andy. Lol

Goddam American spell check! Seriously, i still think English but ive had to adapt to American English. Aluminum, color, paycheck, neighborhood, it makes my life easier. On the flipside fags and faggots can get you into trouble. I had a whinge at you a couple of weeks ago as i took something out of context but youve got to see i live in a confusing situation. Im a rural postal carrier, in English, a postman who delivers in the woods. At Postal Academy (yes, you do have to go to school for it) everytime something had to be read to the class i had to read it as everyone liked my English accent. The rest of the class was Southern Georgia or Northern Florida rednecks.

Anyway, yes im a Brit and yes i carry a 9mm handgun in my neighbourhood.

I
If I lived in the USA I would undoubtedly have a gun for home defence
A pump action shotgun and a pistol for sure. Probably a Glock 17
I own a 9mm Taurus Slim but want a Smith & Wesson M&P 2. The action on the Glock and Taurus are the same but the Glock is a better firearm. Ive just been paid and am now looking for a shotgun (my wife is more concerned about the mortgage) but a) i like clay/skeet shooting b) nothing gets a burglars attention like the racking of a pump action shotgun c) you can drive around in your car with a shotgun in open view and nobody will mess with you and the Police cant nick you for it. Shit, ive lived in Florida too long

Goddam American spell check! Seriously, i still think English but ive had to adapt to American English. Aluminum, color, paycheck, neighborhood, it makes my life easier. On the flipside fags and faggots can get you into trouble.

Isn't there an issue with "fanny" aswell?.:rofl:

Personally I don't mind fanny in fact I would go as far as to say I like fanny.

Andy, I think you are simply adapting to the situation you find yourself in, I am concerned about the shootings as much as anyone but I can totally understand why you would have guns. I do believe that there should be a proper vetting system.