Remaining Games that Matter | Page 4 | Vital Football

Remaining Games that Matter

Its a traversty though how this squad is languishing only 2 places above that of Bolton, because for all our faults and failings, we have a much better squad than they have. They've had a god awful season, and yet as things stand, we are only 9 points better off. What does that say about us?

Our squad should be capable of being mid table in my mind. We have to look at the manager to ask why this isnt the case?
But is the squad that good?

your going to make yourself ill kdz just chill have twenty four hours from depression and things will look better

also applies to MIW jeffs not always right Charles Hampton and the rest of those on the verge of cracking up

UTFT
Not on the verge of cracking up thanks. Just not arsed anymore whether its Championship or League 1 next season really. Past worrying anymore. Obviously the board are not arsed either or they would have got rid of Cook before Christmas.

Just forgot that Alex Neill is supposedly being linked with the vacant West Brom job. Please get it done by Good Friday please, a Preston side whose playoff chances are gone look like they are going through the motions and potentially managerless coming to us on Easter Monday is a golden chance for 3 points. Surely a failure to take advantage of this means we would deserve to be relegated.

Not on the verge of cracking up thanks. Just not arsed anymore whether its Championship or League 1 next season really. Past worrying anymore. Obviously the board are not arsed either or they would have got rid of Cook before Christmas.

there you go that's the first step recognising your symptoms

UTFT

your going to make yourself ill kdz just chill have twenty four hours from depression and things will look better

also applies to MIW jeffs not always right Charles Hampton and the rest of those on the verge of cracking up

UTFT
Thanks for your concern for my mental health Martinez but I'm all good thanks - regular doses of realism keep a mon grounded.
Now sit back pop on the rose tinters and mind the blisters forming on yr hands from all that ?

Hopefully after finally getting another away win confidence will be sky high and we can finish the season with a winning run.

Though I don't think nob end will be as offensive as Norwich wanted to be and Leeds were. I think patience will be the key on Monday.

What a difference a day makes - fine margins but we are in a much healthier position now and my 'wigan to be relegated ' cash outs are nearly worthless - anymore twists?
Remaining games...

22 April

Aston Villa v Millwall
Reading v WBA
Rotherham v Birmingham
Wigan v Preston

27 April

Birmingham v Wigan
Middlesbrough v Reading
Millwall v Stoke
WBA v Rotherham

30 April

Millwall v Bristol City

5 May

Reading v Birmingham
Rotherham v Middlesbrough
Wigan v Millwall

2 points will do it, unless Rotherham beat Birmingham, West Brom and Middlesbrough (or get two very high scoring wins and a draw)

having said that, ending the season with a Latics winning run is what i'm after

Last edited:
I think there are more twists to come yet. I don't have a good feeling about the PNE game. The lads have raised their game so much for the last 2 can they do it 3 games running, plus they ran themselves into the ground on Friday, have they had enough time to recharge their batteries and to go again 3 days later. I think it's a massive mental challenge for the players. Preston on the other hand have come out of a bad run in form with a 4 - 0 home win which will be a massive pressure release for them and I expect them to be relaxed and well up for it.

I also think that Rotherham may pick up unexpected points against WBA and Boro who (quite rightly) may make team selection decisions based on already being in the play offs by the time they play.

Still a lot of football left to be played yet and I'm with MiW on not counting chickens just yet.

It simply would not to be Wigan to win on Monday, the Rotherham result to go our way and us to be safe. That’s just not how we operate. For that reason I could see PNE coming and doing a job on us, they’re a very good team who will have motivation with it being a local game.

Think we may have to rotate a few bodies as well due to fatigue. If so, then it’s time to unleash Nick Powell and hope he puts in a performance that keeps us up.

If we get 1 more point then Rotherham need 7 which means they need summat at WBA...cant see it so a draw tomorrow could be enough.

I think you're right hindley. If we better Rotherhams result tomorrow then we're safe.

It'll be interesting if we are safe going into this week or after the Birmingham game. Will the Royles be on the ball with ST prices and incentives for next season. Massey and Powell might even sign on again.
We could even see a new shirt being worn for the Millwall game.

I think you're right hindley. If we better Rotherhams result tomorrow then we're safe.

It'll be interesting if we are safe going into this week or after the Birmingham game. Will the Royles be on the ball with ST prices and incentives for next season. Massey and Powell might even sign on again.
We could even see a new shirt being worn for the Millwall game.
The first point is more likely than any of the others ?

Preston are a good side in high spirits after Alex Neil signed a new deal our lads will be knackered after Fridays Herculean effort. A Preston win is very possible.

Rotherham felt robbed by a hand ball goal costing them against Swansea and will have something to prove after that - they are good at home and Birmingham are not really playing for anything so a Rotherham win is also very possible.

There is no reason to think it's impossible that come tomorrow night the gap could be back down to 2 points and then anything can happen.

I think it's utterly daft to write off Rotherham at West Brom or at home to Boro after what we've just done. Football is full of upsets at this time of the season.

If our lot think job is done now then i think they will get stung badly - need to do our bit tomorrow or we could yet snatch defeat from jaws of victory - no room for complacency but i am worried it might creep in tomorrow.

It simply would not to be Wigan to win on Monday, the Rotherham result to go our way and us to be safe. That’s just not how we operate. For that reason I could see PNE coming and doing a job on us, they’re a very good team who will have motivation with it being a local game.

Think we may have to rotate a few bodies as well due to fatigue. If so, then it’s time to unleash Nick Powell and hope he puts in a performance that keeps us up.
They are not a bad side but their squad has been ripped apart with injuries lately so there will be players wanting to prove a point. We have plenty players yet who should be busting a gut for Cook to prove a point too. So bearing in mind The Nobbers are on the beach and we need the points it's going to be 3-1 to Latics.

it will go to the last day for some one thats for sure we should be safe but looking at the fixtures it could be between rotherham and millwall on the last day