Remaining fxtures | Page 12 | Vital Football

Remaining fxtures

I may be wrong but I dont think our appeal has actually been heard yet so there will be no desison yet in fact Admin said yesterday that there would be a meeting with Cook and Johnathon Jackson after Wed night if we didn't get the required points to decide whether to continue with the appeal.
Can everyone calm down we have been hear before we will be okay up the tics 👍

Can everyone calm down we have been hear before we will be okay up the tics 👍
Nobody should be calm right now tbh, we could be relegated in the most unfair circumstances without being either insolvent, or taking advantage of other clubs. No fan should be okay with going down and accepting the total injustice on what has happened here, stay up or go down, justice needs to be served for the redundancies, players, staff, and the fans. Dont just accept "having a club to support", that is something that should never be considered because without this injustice, we would have a club anyway. We will find a buyer but we should never forget or lie down on how one person has ruined everything. We don't deserve to be relegated on the pitch so I'm proud of the players. A bit funny though that Wednesday point deduction is non existent though right?

I may be wrong but I dont think our appeal has actually been heard yet so there will be no desison yet in fact Admin said yesterday that there would be a meeting with Cook and Johnathon Jackson after Wed night if we didn't get the required points to decide whether to continue with the appeal.
A Charlton journalist spoke to a Latics official today and asked him about the deduction. He said that the Wigan official told him that they weren’t hopeful. I’m assuming he spoke to one of the media staff, but still if it’s someone that has an inside ear on the club then that’s a bad sign.

Last edited:
A Charlton journalist spoke to a Latics official today and asked about him he deduction. He said that the Wigan official told him that they weren’t hopeful. I’m assuming he spoke to one of the media staff, but still if it’s someone that has an inside ear on the club then that’s a bad sign.
If that's the case then the appeal was terrible using a excuse they already said no about (covid) but completely disregard the small print regarding the justification in points deduction?

Remaining rounds of fixtures:

Brentford vs Charlton
Luton vs Barnsley
Reading vs Huddersfield
Millwall vs Boro
Birmingham vs Swansea
Bristol vs Hull
Wigan vs QPR
Leeds vs Stoke

Huddersfield vs Luton
Charlton vs Reading
Barsnely vs Wigan
Hull vs Millwall
Boro vs Bristol
QPR vs Sheff Wed
Stoke vs Birmingham

Reading vs Boro
Wigan vs Hull
Luton vs QPR
Sheff Wd vs Huddersfield
Birmingham vs Charlton
Bristol vs Stoke
Leeds vs Barnsley

Charlton vs Wigna
Barnsley vs Forest
Hudderfield vs West Brom
Hull vs Luton
Boro vs Cardiff
Preston vs Birmingham
Stoke vs Brentford

Birmingham vs Derby
Brentford vs Barnsley
Cardiff vs Hull
Leeds vs Charlton
Luton vs Blackburn
Millwall vs Huddersfield
Forest vs Stoke
Sheff Wed vs Boro
Wigan vs Fulham

Individually by team:
Wigan
QPR H
Barnsley A
Hull H
Chalrton A
Fulham H

Birmingham
Swansea H
Stoke A
Charlton H
Preston A
Derby H

Stoke
Leeds A
Birmingham H
Bristol A
Brentford H
Forest A

Charlton
Brentford A
Reading H
Birmingham A
Wigan H
Leeds A

Huddersfield
Reading A
Luton H
Shef Wed A
West Brom H
Millwall A

Hull
Bristol A
Millwall H
Wigan A
Luton H
Cardiff A

Boro
Millwall A
Bristol H
Reading A
Cardiff H
Sheffield A

Barnsley
Luton A
Wigan H
Leeds A
Forest H
Brentford A

Luton
Barnsley H
Huddersfield A
QPR H
Hull A
Blackburn H

From those i'd say realistically 4th bottom get's at least 50 points, so i'm thinking 62 to survive is the minimum if we are getting docked points but it wouldn't shock me if 4th bottom got over 50 and we needed more. So at least 4 wins minimum, with us needing to beat Barnsley, Charlton and Hull to keep their points totals down. Hope i'm wrong and bottom 3 all fail to win another game all season and get cut well adrift but i think we are looking at maximum points to be certain - huge ask.

We must have a degree of confidence in an appeal otherwise we wouldn't have wasted 5k already on it.

Other clubs who've gone to independent appeal panels like QPR, Bolton and most recently Man City have all successfully won their appeals so there is precedent in appeals working. But this has never happened before and no one has appealed in this situation so there's no guarantee of anything.

I'm neither confident or pessimistic - I think it could go either way based on what we know. If we knew more then maybe we'd be more confident but they aren't going to tell us all of that at this point as it could damage our case. So just got to hope for the best and our QC is beast.

But I think the biggest thing against us is the Pandora's box of legal action from the club that goes down in our place against the EFL if we successfully appeal. This could drag on for months when the clubs need to know which division they are in, the EFL will be desperate to avoid overturning our appeal so I'm glad it is an independent pannel who in theory shouldn't let the legal fallout against the EFL influence them.

One thing is for sure I don't think this all gets settled amicably it's going to be a mess for someone. We've just got to hope the mess falls in someone else's lap preferably the EFL. The *****.

He never said that, he thought we had good grounds to appeal but never said we had a good chance of winning it

What a lot of people here are forgetting is that this appeal will cost a lot of money and that is one thing we have not got

As I said before Admin said there would be a meeting with the manager and JJ to see if it was worth going forward with the appeal. By Thursday we may have a preferred bidder who might or might not have a say in it .

He never said that, he thought we had good grounds to appeal but never said we had a good chance of winning it

Everyone has a right to appeal even if you haven't got a leg to stand on so I assume he means we have a good chance of appealing the punishment successfully.

He's already said how expensive it is going to be and how we are struggling for money so he isn't going to waste the money if he doesn't think there is a realistic chance.

As I said before Admin said there would be a meeting with the manager and JJ to see if it was worth going forward with the appeal. By Thursday we may have a preferred bidder who might or might not have a say in it .

What club role has JJ got at this moment in time?

What a lot of people here are forgetting is that this appeal will cost a lot of money and that is one thing we have not got

A successful appeal is worth millions though it's a balancing act of risk vs reward vs funds. Not just in loss of solidarity and TV payments but also the plummeting value of players market value and attractiveness to new owners.

I'd hope if we believe we have a good chance we would work out a way to proceed with it. I imagine a preferred bidder would likely feel the same too if we have one in place as hinted in the next week.

As I’ve outlined previously the sanction date is very interesting. Given the Wednesday and Derby hearings it actually strengthens our argument on this aspect if they are punished and have their deductions deferred, as those cases are being held now. So logically (and I accept the efl doesn’t possess much of this) they can’t punish us now when we haven’t even had a hearing, particularly if they defer the others. It’s a legal hearing, so any outcome is possible.

This could actually determine if we get a buyer and thus a future. Not appealing i don’t think is an option if there’s a realistic chance and again why Cook or even Jackson would have say in it is a little baffling. If legal advisors say there is no prospect of success then so be it. However there is, so it will be appealed.

What club role has JJ got at this moment in time?

If i remember correctly he said technically he said he's still a director yesterday but he has been made redundant and working for free to help.

Assume it might be legally speaking in terms of what he can say during admin process but don't think he has any formal responsibility as the Admin now running the club.

FROM WEP
PAUL COOK

I know they'll be down at the moment, but don't be down, we can't be down," he said.

"It would have been different had players dipped out, we were losing games, things weren't going our way.

"At Wigan Athletic, there's only one reason to be down...and it's nothing to do with what's happening on the pitch.

"We back ourselves, we always have done, we've always had a strong record at the DW.

"It's an absolute shame the supporters will not be with us inside the stadium, but we know they'll be behind us from home.

"All I can tell them is that we are doing everything we can to do this, and we will not let them down."

A successful appeal is worth millions though it's a balancing act of risk vs reward vs funds. Not just in loss of solidarity and TV payments but also the plummeting value of players market value and attractiveness to new owners.

I'd hope if we believe we have a good chance we would work out a way to proceed with it. I imagine a preferred bidder would likely feel the same too if we have one in place as hinted in the next week.
Can see the point but I can also seeing it cost a lot of money. And how can we fund that and the EFL know that.

I just hope the QC is honest with us. He's receiving the money so will understandably want us to proceed with the appeal. I just wish he realises how perilous our finances are and shows some integrity in giving it to us straight as to our chances of overturning this thing. Because even though we go down, we simply cannot afford to be wasting cash that quite frankly we don't have, on something we aren't over 80% sure of winning. Let's not forget, even if a miracle happened and we did get it overturned, the EFL would appeal which means MORE money to be spent and the case dragging again. We simply cannot afford to get this wrong. Our club's future may depend on it.

I just hope the QC is honest with us. He's receiving the money so will understandably want us to proceed with the appeal. I just wish he realises how perilous our finances are and shows some integrity in giving it to us straight as to our chances of overturning this thing. Because even though we go down, we simply cannot afford to be wasting cash that quite frankly we don't have, on something we aren't over 80% sure of winning. Let's not forget, even if a miracle happened and we did get it overturned, the EFL would appeal which means MORE money to be spent and the case dragging again. We simply cannot afford to get this wrong. Our club's future may depend on it.

This is the appeal - from what I understand they can’t appeal the appeal. In regards being 80% sure of success - in a win or lose scenario you’d take those odds everytime in a court of law or in this case an independent commission. I’m not even sure why you’d consider it a miracle - if you look back at the efk’s success at these hearings they rarely get the outcome they hope or want.