Remaining fixtures | Vital Football

Remaining fixtures

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
I was looking today and West Ham have some really dodgy fixtures:

Man U, Man C, Southampton, Stoke and Everton at home.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Leics away.

You could say 6 out of 8 with something to really play for.

They are on 30 points now and good luck getting another 10 out of that lot, especially with the atmosphere at their home stadium right now.

I think it's about 6 weeks ago now, I had West Brom, Stoke and Southampton down. Saturday's game helps us.

There are a few clubs down there and yes, West Ham's shenanigans don't help them. Stoke have picked up a few points, albeit draws. The Swansea v Stoke game on the last day could be one to watch, the Swans having the top 5 to play. It could be hairy for Huddersfield if they don't get enough in the bank before their last 2 games.

Despite their previous recovery, Palace only have 1 point in 5 games.

There are a handful of massive games for all of the clubs down there and those results can change everything.

According to the site I looked at Swansea only play 3 of the top 5 in the league (which is bad enough) but all tough games. Huddersfield run in is a shocker, Chelsea, Everton, Man C, Arsenal.

crooktownmags - 12/3/2018 16:33

According to the site I looked at Swansea only play 3 of the top 5 in the league (which is bad enough) but all tough games. Huddersfield run in is a shocker, Chelsea, Everton, Man C, Arsenal.
My apologies, the Spurs game is in the cup. You're right, ManU, City and Chelsea.

Brighton have a hard run in as well but the end of season is a lottery. Could well be us but we have the advantage of expecting nowt but a fight whilst some teams are finding it a shock

Interesting fixtures this weekend which could really improve our position if they go the right way:

Sat 17.03.2018:
Bournemouth v West Bromwich Albion (3pm)

I guess it would be best for Bournemouth to win that one if we are only looking down.

Huddersfield Town v Crystal Palace (3pm)

Difficult one, my instinct is that one point each would be best for us but again only looking down maybe a Huddersfield win keeps 18th place back on 27 points.

Stoke City v Everton (3pm)

Easy one, its rare I want Everton to win anything but I would give them this one.

So 2 home wins and an Everton away effort and we are still 5 points clear with a game in hand over the bottom 3. Alternatively reverse the results and things tighten up again. Lets see what Saturday brings.