Religious People Are Less Intelligent | Page 34 | Vital Football

Religious People Are Less Intelligent

http://www.upworthy.com/watch-this-family-sweetly-and-lovingly-totally-destroy-one-of-the-worst-stereotypes-of-christians-5

This was on my newsfeed today: I thought it might interest 1 or 2 of you to know that this message is the general of the average Christian

Religion is for those scared of going to hell: Spirituality is for those that have been their
---------

Just thought I would pick up on this if I may Kat.

I can say that Heaven, Hell etc has no bearing on me being religious. Where I end up, is where I end up..However my religious belief comes from what I feel, see myself from what my own mind has incorporated over my time here on Earth...I suppose we have a sad story to tell - its not necessarily a meaning that we have been to Hell and back..

I guess im just in awe at the beauty of all existence - more so than any scientific brain can ever satisfy me. It is waaaay to smart for us to understand and ive accepted that.

Upon the reading the bible I gained the message that it is about the whole path of our existence - very clever! It explains the birth of everything - not just life but morals(good and bad), Behaviour,all the whys are answered. - again very clever!

I take literally as God's word - but not literally as any man would necessarily interpret it, yet Literally as in; this is what God wants to tell us about our history and our path. - again very clever! - a masterpiece like life itself.

http://thenaturalhistorian.com/2013/02/26/kinds-baramins-creationism-mtdna-genomes-compared/

The 70% genetic similarity of the human and chimpanzee genome according to Tomkins is a difficult number to understand because it has no context. I asked, what if we were to compare other genomes, how much difference would we see using the same criteria for estimating similarity? Because Tomkins is looking at so many types of changes to the genome it is hard to assess those values. I have chosen to look at at much simpler system. The mtDNA genome is almost the same size in animals, has the same genes, almost always in the same order and with almost no gaps or insertions. This means that we can take the DNA strand from one organism and just line it up with another organism and ask – how many differences are their in the actual As,Ts,C,s and Gs of the DNA code?

With this simple system we can then ask, how different are the mtDNA genomes of some representative species of mammals. How did I do it? It is very simple and you can do it yourself.

Results

Human/Chimpanzee - 91.2%
Borneo Orangutan/Sumatran Orangutan - 94%
Lion/Tiger - 92%
Red Fox Wolf - 86%

There are more if you follow the link, but the story is the same. Until Tomkins runs the same tests on these sorts of subjects, they mean nothing.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 26/9/2013 10:50

Human/Chimpanzee - 91.2%
Borneo Orangutan/Sumatran Orangutan - 94%
Lion/Tiger - 92%
Red Fox Wolf - 86%

It can't be much of a surprise to find Man's affinity to other mammals.

But what about a man compared with a mollusc?

CDX_EIRE - 26/9/2013 00:52

How does it make you feel if you were to think that all this was not the vision of God?

I would still think there is something larger than us out there.

Green Tea - 26/9/2013 11:40

How does it make you feel if you were to think that all this was not the vision of God?

The Yeti, Loch Ness?

I'm old enough to remember Big Daddy and he was definitely larger than us! :14:

Green Tea - 26/9/2013 11:40

I have to say even though this wasn't aimed at me, I agree with GT. I think when you get down to the core of it people have prejudices about the word God and struggle with it.

There is something bigger than us (not of the earth :17: ) Call it God, Higher Power, Design of the universe, Czar of the spiritual world ether, hum, nature and on and on.

It all comes back to the same thing a power greater than us. God is O Theos/Abba/ Elliaj and so on in other languages. It's about a name?..