Staying Up, Going Down, You Decide! | Vital Football

Staying Up, Going Down, You Decide!

Wurzel

Vital Football Legend
It's that time of the summer where the pundits are starting to make their predictions for the coming season and it seems that all the ones I've heard or read have us struggling to stay up! Now maybe I have claret and blue specs on but I see us mid table. Have I got it wrong? Are our summer signings that poor, or do the pundits know so little about us that they just expect us to struggle, thoughts?

The pundits know the same as us about our new signings, which is very little, and no one knows how those we have kept will adapt to the Premier League. The new boys will have to come to terms, some with a new country, a new system of play probably and settling in with a new group of players. It all could go belly up or not but I have great confidence in our Manager, backroom staff and recruitment structure so haven't looked forward to a new season with so much anticipation for a long time!!

It's that time of the summer where the pundits are starting to make their predictions for the coming season and it seems that all the ones I've heard or read have us struggling to stay up! Now maybe I have claret and blue specs on but I see us mid table. Have I got it wrong? Are our summer signings that poor, or do the pundits know so little about us that they just expect us to struggle, thoughts?
Maybe wolves have shown the way. Footballers,not a team of commandoes,are more likely to get enough points. In the modern game,the old Wimbledon style seems passé. Cardiff, perhaps Huddersfield, examples of sweat and effort not enough. Dean is favouring the more mobile, skilful type of player similar to the wolves style.l believe this approach is more likely to succeed in the premiership.

Very easy to pick the promoted clubs as struggling in the PL. The truth is no one knows which teams will struggle, we are all making a judgement call.

Worry if you want, it won't affect what we achieve on the pitch. We will soon start to get a clearer picture.

The pundits know the same as us about our new signings, which is very little, and no one knows how those we have kept will adapt to the Premier League.

Agree with the whole of your post '63, but this bit especially. I can see us doing top six, I can see us going down, I can see us mid table. All because I genuinely don't know and no one else does, how these players will settle, how good some are, etc.

Excited to find out!

With so many new faces it is very difficult to make a prediction. I think a top half finish is very unlikely and I could see us anywhere in the bottom half. 12th-15th would be pretty good for a first season but I’d take anything from 17th upwards. Looking forward to seeing the new signings tomorrow and Wednesday.

I think we are in for a big shock once the season starts. The gap in the 3 years we've been away has widened massively . That said I think we will be lower mid table by season end , say 14th.
That said it's all about just staying up this season and consolidating. I'd be delighted with 17th

Wash your mouth out. No R word here. :ban::ban::ban:

I don't think the pundits know very much, to be honest. They are likely to tip the playoff winners as relegation candidates. We have signed a load of players they don't know anything about so they will write us off. If we signed Cahill, Drogba, Di Maria and Pogba they would be tipping us for the CL spots and we'd probably get relegated.

We'll be in the mix for 7th which is the new 1st, I've never been so confident. Another window in Jan to get the few players we'll have missed this time
Some will love your optimism, some will say you're delusional. I would say sensible risk analysis would say we are somewhere in between but edging more towards lower mid table . 7th is absolute pie in the sky. 17th more likely

One game at a time , let's avoid an absolute Tonking at Spurs
Then 2 home games , we need 4 points minimum ideally to set up the confidence and momentum

It is obviously difficult to know how they will work together. I was going to use the g word but stopped.

I believe that that we will be in the middle 8. ie 7th to 14th. I believe there are the top 6, a bottom 6 from which the relegation 3 will come and then the other 8. Of course, the middle 8 will be closer to the the bottom 6.

In terms of Tottenham, I remember going to WHL in August 1978 to watch Ardilles and Ricky Villa make their debuts for Tottenham and we tonked them, so the first game holds no fears for me. I am hoping history repeats itself.

The pundits also thought we were mad to sack Bruce.

Nobody knows how the season will pan out. Leicester won the bloody thing just a couple of years ago.

As for the signings, I thought Joleon Lescott and Micah Richards were good signings. So....

We'll be in the mix for 7th which is the new 1st, I've never been so confident. Another window in Jan to get the few players we'll have missed this time
Why not eh? Are these experts really saying we are weaker than Sheffield United, Norwich, Brighton, and those basket cases the Toon? I honestly believe they don't have the first clue about us apart from Grealish and I think he will shine in the Prem.

All I can say is that every week we will follow the boys in claret and blue

We are well aware we conquered, all of Europe in 1982

We are the Villa boys from Aston and we will travel near and far

Should you be fortunate enough , you will hear us singing, from the stands at Villa Park................

We will win some, lose some. I think we'll win enough to be fine. We have a manager who will go all out for a win, with a side which will try for a win even when they're losing. At least, I think we will. Do that and I think we'll win enough to be OK.

That's the key. Keep the spirit in the side and that's half the battle. Don't know how long things will take to gel and not sure it matters; I think it will soon enough. We have a load of quick, skillful players, with a good coaching team behind them; we will cause quite a few sides problems.

I'd be happy with survival. I'm expecting top half.