Relegation confirmed | Vital Football

Relegation confirmed

What a disastrous and traumatic few weeks it’s been culminating in that Southampton home defeat and the demise of the club, manager, and team.
We need to take a close look at what the likes of Newcastle and especially Burnley, as a club with similar resources to us, did to bounce straight back up.
Did they keep the nucleus of their squad intact? We know that they kept the same manager. Ours has now gone and we start afresh.
It’s not going to be nice on Sunday v Stoke. A lot of anger and tears have been shed, and the sad part is it was all so avoidable.

[ Stockport fan here - all too familiar with relegations :( ]

From an outside perspective, Swansea do not look like a basket case. Certainly not a Sunderland, and I can see the club bounce back next season.

However... my brother is a Villa season ticket holder and says he has enjoyed this season in the Championship more than the last 5 Premier seasons he endured.

There is even talk about being 50/50 about actually wanting to go up, and to become another struggling or mid-table side at best.

Football is broken. Get your enjoyment from it where you can.

Good luck next year!

There should be a cap on players wages as it’s ruining the PL, already an unfair advantage for the big clubs with their mega rich owners.
We were paying out 80% of income on wages, sold our best players and replaced them with inferior panic buys like Bony and Clucas.
As for enjoying the Championship, no, I want to get out of there at the first attempt whilst there’s parachute payments to assist us.
We also want our passing game back but unfortunately I can’t see Martinez, the original creator, wanting to come back to league management at Championship level. Yet Benitez, a top manager, stuck with Newcastle, and Dyche with Burnley, so there’s hope yet.
Can we dismantle the side, rebuild, and get promotion? The wily old fox Warnock has done it in one season at Cardiff so it is possible. I hope we can keep the nucleus of the side, but get rid of the weak willed high earning players who capitulated so easily at the end, when safety was easily within our grasp.

personally i'd settle for 2-3 years of the championship if it meant us getting back to our old ways, what got us to the premier league, playing good, attacking football with a young, ambitious manager, and signing the right players that suit the philosophy, everything has to fit basically.

I don't just want a quick fix to get back up as soon as possible and whatever it takes. Some fans will want that, but not me, there's so many problems that need sorting out and this is the opportunity to do that. Like Curtis said, we've not had a chance to get back to our ways as we've just had to do quick fixes and whatever it takes to get results and stay up.

personally i'd settle for 2-3 years of the championship if it meant us getting back to our old ways, what got us to the premier league, playing good, attacking football with a young, ambitious manager, and signing the right players that suit the philosophy, everything has to fit basically.

I don't just want a quick fix to get back up as soon as possible and whatever it takes. Some fans will want that, but not me, there's so many problems that need sorting out and this is the opportunity to do that. Like Curtis said, we've not had a chance to get back to our ways as we've just had to do quick fixes and whatever it takes to get results and stay up.
Britton said the same and it makes sense. As long as it does happen, I'm happy to wait as well. It'll take that long to sort out our mess, which needs to happen before we can think about premier league football again.

Do Swansea have a production line of young players coming through? What is the youth set up and scouting team like?

If a clubs can break a couple of young players into first-teamers each season they are doing well I reckon.

Do Swansea have a production line of young players coming through? What is the youth set up and scouting team like?

If a clubs can break a couple of young players into first-teamers each season they are doing well I reckon.

Our academy is a good setup but not enough players come through which I think is simply because managers come in short term and won't risk giving youngsters a chance. Now we're in the championship, I expect that to change and there's definitely a few players that could come through.

Don't start us off on our scouting system though, it's just our chairman and a book of ex players!

I think with the right manager we can get our passing game back and get promotion at the first attempt, which the hedge fund owners will be pushing for anyway. The Academy players still play like that so could easily slot into the first team when called upon.

I think with the right manager we can get our passing game back and get promotion at the first attempt, which the hedge fund owners will be pushing for anyway. The Academy players still play like that so could easily slot into the first team when called upon.

Would love to see it Keith but not convinced, rarely happens. Looks like McBurnie could be off and we'll be without a striker next month. Squad will look bare and it'll be back to the 90's having to sign 10-12 players!

I look at the examples of Burnley and Cardiff.
Burnley on a tight budget with Dyche, hopeless first time up and relegated. They remained loyal to Dyche and bounced back up as Champions the following season on a minimum spend.
Warnock came in at Cardiff, rebuilt and got them promoted all in one season.
It can be done with the right manager and clever recruitment.
McBurnie needs to be told he’s going nowhere or is that another one who’s running his contract down. Should never have gone on loan without a recall clause. As soon as he went Bony got injured.

I hope you're right, it's just I have no confidence in the club anymore to do it right. Too many players need buying and getting the right manager? We've not done it right since Laudrup.

I still can’t get my head around why we collapsed so spectacularly after the 4-1 win over West Ham put us 13th in the table on 30 points with 29 games played, and West Ham, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Stoke, and WBA all below us.
Nine games, 0 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses later and we’re down the pan.
The must win Southampton game we fielded the same side as against West Ham, except Roberts came in for VdH.
What happened?

Carvalhal can spit out all of the excuses going but as manager it's down to him. He talked about injuries to Bony and Fer. Bony didn't make a big impact, although Fer did. Still not enough because I don't think either played against west ham.

It's an woefully awful run of results thats relegated us, the sort of run that get's managers sacked.

Carvalhal went defensive and negative and held us back a bit I reckon. He thought we could just limp over the line and get a few clean sheets and get the job done but his lack of experience in the Premier League shone through at the end. We're not in the Premier League next season but I still don't want him to stay.