Released and retained list | Page 15 | Vital Football

Released and retained list

Apologies, I've neglected to keep this up to date during this window. Thought it would be useful to do this now given there are a few hours remaining in the window so people are aware where we stand in terms of what we're able to do v the cap on squad size in the coming hours:

GK - Maxwell, Sims (U21), Fojticek (U21)

DR - Turton, Gabriel

DL - Garbutt, Husband

DC - Ekpiteta, Ballard (U21), Gretarsson, Thorniley

MC - Dougall, Stewart, Ward, Virtue, Robson, Antwi (U21), Apter (U21)

AMR - Hamilton, Mitchell

AML - Kaikai, Lubala, Shaw (U21)

AMC - Anderson, Sarkic

SC - Madine, Yates, Simms (U21)

I've added U21 in brackets for anyone applicable to make it a little clearer.

I've not added all of the youth players who have featured in the match day squad this season, but have added Rob Apter who's featured on a few occasions as well as sticking Antwi and Shaw back in now that they're back from their loans.

I've moved Mitchell to AMR as, as I've suggested on here, I think NC sees his future further forward. As with some of our players though, where he actually plays (if he does) is flexible/fluid!

We currently have 21 players registered, leaving one spot spare for a keeper on emergency loan (unless we de-register Anderson given that he's out for the season, creating a spot for a senior signing).

Last edited:
Sorry, I've just done some digging and need to make a slight amendment to the above (which I'll do in a second): Teddy Howe has never been registered in the league squad this season (like Devitt). This means we have one senior spot left (two if they de-register Anderson).