Reilly and Byrne still deciding | Vital Football

Reilly and Byrne still deciding

In the link re Callum Reilly:

"If he signs and he's happy then I'll be happy, so let's hope we get it sorted.

There's no deadline. That's up to Callum now and his representatives to try and get things sorted."

I don't see there being a massive rush to get them to sign. Pre-season doesn't start for weeks and we have already signed midfielders so it won't leave a gaping hole in the team if they don't sign. They will be contracted until the end of June and I don't blame them for keeping their options open until then.

In the link re Callum Reilly:
I saw that but would be very surprised if it is the case. Lovell will move on and look at other options if either okay doesn’t commit by a certain date. At the same time he’s rightly putting neither play under too much pressure at this stage - he’s a good man manager and will get more out of his players this way.

I don't see there being a massive rush to get them to sign. Pre-season doesn't start for weeks and we have already signed midfielders so it won't leave a gaping hole in the team if they don't sign. They will be contracted until the end of June and I don't blame them for keeping their options open until then.

I think that Byrne's deadline will be the end of his contract.

Reilly's is totally different as he is under contract at his parent club, so it's really down to them, not him or us.

I think that Byrne's deadline will be the end of his contract.

Reilly's is totally different as he is under contract at his parent club, so it's really down to them, not him or us.

Sounds like Bury are happy to let him go to be honest.

Thought it was strange when they readily loaned him to us. Looked like they wanted to cut their payroll (loan rest of the season with option to sign for us at end of loan?).

"I don't see there being a massive rush to get them to sign."

I'm not so sure about that. You might be right, but I'll have to think about it.

Not right re pre-season. It's not that many days away!

Every possibility regarding will they won't they sign has been suggested; one of you must be right.

I'll be honest Wayne, I'm not really that bothered either way.
They do, the good, they don't, then move on.
It's not like we are talking Ronaldo here.

But, having said that, for Byrne the right thing to do, for both parties is to make a decision and soon.
Unlike SL, I'd give a deadline and stick to it. He shouldn't be so chilled about this when the setup of the squad is at stake.

I think there is a deadline and SL is just taking the heat out of the situation by us not looking desparate for either to sign.

Can be sure that if SL has someone else in mind then he will go for the new target and tell Byrne or Reilly thats its too late.

I think they need to be careful, Wiltshire is looking for a new club and if he can pass a trial could replace them.