Reggie wants out. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Reggie wants out.

I wouldn’t mind if there was a big turnover of players this summer.

Ive gone through the squad and listed the players I’d be happy to sell and my estimate of what they’d be worth.

I’ve also listed some ideal replacements (imo) and what they potentially might cost.

I know some will say it’s unrealistic to have such and big turnover of players but why? If we sell at a reasonable price then rebuild the squad and hopefully start a new chapter next season.

Lloris - only replace if he wants out
Hart - keep

Aurier - sell £10m
Doherty - sell £10m

Reguilon - keep
Davies - keep (as a LCB)

Alderweireld - sell £10m
Dier - sell €25m
Sanchez - keep
Rodon - keep
Tanganga - keep

Sissoko - sell £10m
Winks - sell £30m
Hojbjerg - keep
Ndombele - keep
Lo Celso - keep

Bale - return to Madrid
Lamela - sell £10m
Moura - keep
Son - sell £70m
Bergwijn - keep
Dele - sell £40m

Kane - keep (give us one more year and if he’s wants out then, I’d agree to sell him next summer.

Vinicius - sign

For next season I’d like to see a young, hungry squad playing a 3-4-1-2. I think a lot of the players I’d like to keep would flourish in that system.

GK: Lloris
GK: Hart

CB: Sanchez
CB: Anderson £25m from Lyon
CB: Pau Torres £50m from Villarreal

CB: Tanganga
CB: Rodon
CB: Davies

RWB: Aarons £30m
RWB: Bergwijn

LWB: Reguilon
LWB: Sessegnon

CM: Ndombele
CM: Hojbjerg

CM: Skipp
CM: Bissouma £30m

AM: Moura
AM: Lo Celso

ST: Kane
ST: Ings £20m
ST: Vinicius £30m
ST: Scarlett

That’s nine out (not inc Bale) and six in. I feel it would give us a far better balanced squad with a good age profile.

Anderson has been fantastic for Fulham on loan from Lyon this season and is currently their captain. He’s got presence, can tackle and is great with the ball at his feet. Hojbjerg would help him settle fast.

Pau Torres would probably be a very difficult signing but if we can get him he’s a natural LCB, quality defender, decent pace, young, very good passer of the ball and would give us a lovely Spanish vibe on the left with Pau Torres and Reguilon.

Aarons is a no brainer. If we can’t get him then I’d go for Lamptey at Brighton. Another young English wingback with bags of potential and speed.

Bissouma adds steel and dribbling ability from centre midfield. Both himself and Skippy would be great back ups for Hojbjerg and Ndombele.

Ings will be in the last year of his contract. Playing him with Kane and goals are guaranteed. I also think Vinicius has done enough to convince me that he’s worth signing. We continue to provide good cover along with a raw, exciting Dane Scarlett next season.

£185m spent
£225m recouped

Millions more saved on wages.

The other thing Top, is you do know that at one point, before Jose's negativity we had the best/second-best defence in the league - so what happened for it to go so badly wrong?

Especially given that we have the best coach in the land !?

I don't openly campaign for a manager to bes acked, but if he doesn't turn this around, he'll take everyone - including the club with him, that's his history.

To be fair Ex our defence was shocking before Jose arrived.

When we had the 2nd best defence in the league for a very short period of time under Jose that was the blip.

I am surprised he hasn't had a better impact on our defending though.

15m a year and he still hasn't addressed the issues. Biggest reason why I think he is a fraud.

All I know is if I don't perform I am told, granted it is not in front of the world. But by the same token I don't make a fortune from my social media profile.
Going back to 60-70's managers often criticise players, all of a sudden they are paid fortunes, play like shite and the manager can't say anything. It's his job on the line, players need to understand that they are playing for the club and fans not the manager.
What does it say about the character and values of a player that stops giving his all because he doesn't like the manager, they utterly disgust me.

Here's the thing, the era you mention rarely had managers who would slag their own players off in public - it just wasn't done.

But the simple question that needs to be answered is why when he made a huge deal about the dressing room and what goes on in the club was 'sacrosanct why does he then goes out and to distract the media, then immediately pick on players? one minute it is 'i can't mention names' the next he's doing it..

He has a lack of morality and integrity, what bemuses me is why anyone would think that doesn't affect the players concerned, and even the rest of the squad - it tells them that they just can't trust him - which I can tell you will undermine performances every single time - when you cross that white line you do not want to be thinking about how you might get stabbed in the back next..

What is true about players, is they can't be treated like yester-year slaves, they earn too much now to be forced to being crapped on - even Jose himself referred to not being able to treat young players the way he used to, 10, 20 , 30 years ago.

They now have incredible contracts, and they simply don't have to put up with dinosaur b/s like that.

Poch knew this and created a strong bond between him, the club and most if not all players - exactly the opposite of what Jose does.

Of course, for many fans, they'll revert to and believe that players should 'play for the shirt and play for their own pride' - and most do, but what beggers belief is that we still think we can beat up on young players - because they now have the power to say 'treat me like this, and you can go do one' - exactly as we would do given the circumstances.

Because of Jose's behavior, he lost the key players and dressing rooms in his last two clubs - he's learned absolutely nothing - that's why we can't keep him beyond the summer - his skills are manipulating the media, his tactical and coaching skills appear to have deserted him.

He was told some home truths (at last) in the debrief, where he begged the players not to speak of what was said (and yes, I'm pretty sure why).

For the sake of the club, I pray he wins the final - like every other fan, it would help, I pray he makes top 4, as that might save us from another financial disaster - but most of all I pray that Levy now understands why he cannot be trusted, and nor should any of us - he really is poison.

Last edited:
His best years, in his best position are ahead of him, whether it's here or somewhere else. Playing him as a LCB though is utter stupidity.

Big decisions have to be made this summer.

When you look at our defenders

CB: Dier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Rodon

RB: Aurier, Doherty, Tanganga

LB: Reguilon, Davies, Sessegnon

Particularly if we play with a back four next season, 10 players is too many, some of these will need to be sold, especially if we actually sign some defenders.

For me, a LCB and RB is the minimum we need.

I really like Tanganga but he’s not a RB imo. I only see him playing on the right side of a back three at this moment in time.

With Sessegnon to return we have three LB’s. If Jose stays next season, I don’t think he’ll sell Davies. What will that mean for Sess?

If we sign a LCB then we have Dier, Toby, Sanchez and Rodon all competing for one spot. Something has to give!

If a player gives it the billy big bollox then fails to perform, they deserve to be brought down a peg or two. Ndombele had a shite attitude and got exposed. Bale has taken us for a ride. Dele dipped in form way before Jose came and needs to man up.
I haven't got sympathy for any of them. Jose has called them all out. If you give it the big I am....back it up.

If a player gives it the billy big bollox then fails to perform, they deserve to be brought down a peg or two. Ndombele had a shite attitude and got exposed. Bale has taken us for a ride. Dele dipped in form way before Jose came and needs to man up.
I haven't got sympathy for any of them. Jose has called them all out. If you give it the big I am....back it up.

How odd, mental health is now everything, yet of course, it doesn't appear to mean sfa !

N'dom didn't have a shite attitude - what he has is transition issues and physical ones, but make it up, it fits with Jose's modus operandi.

Dele has had a dip in form and had to deal with his own demons, his dip in form came from us playing him into the ground in a high tempo, hard pressing and counter pressing team - but of course, it has nothing to do with us at all right?

Some realism needs to be used here and some respect for players who went through hell, but aren't going to for Jose, as I wouldn't either - he's only interested in himself, not the welfare of his players, mentally or otherwise.

Did you see Ndombele or Dele (or even Bale) give it the big I am or are you just projecting to fit a narrative?

I saw Dele mostly saying how he had to work harder to get into the team and regain his form. I saw Ndombele admit he was struggling to adapt to the pace of the league. Bale most recently admitted he's still adjusting to how his body responds as a bloke in his 30s rather than his 20s.

because they now have the power to say 'treat me like this, and you can go do one' - exactly as we would do given the circumstances.

I was headhunted to work for a company (freelance) when I was still at Uni. I didn't have a lot of campus time that year but couldn't do the 3 days/week they wanted me to. I said I could only do 2 days a week as they were the days I had no classes. They told me I could be as flexible with my hours as I liked as long as I worked them. So I came in at 11am and intended to work til 6.30, though often stayed til 9.

A couple weeks in the manager called me into his office and told me he didn't like my attitude, coming in at 11am when the rest of them were starting at 9 especially as I only had to come in 2 days a week. I pointed out that was what was agreed when they hired me. He wrote "go fuck yourself" on the top of the proposal I'd put on his desk that day. His management style from then on was hostile and toxic and I quit soon after.

Was I being an entitled little shit? Probably. It was a cushty gig, earning around the same in my 2 days a week as some of the others who were working full time. But I wasn't looking at that, from my entitled standpoint I didn't deserve to be spoken to like that by someone who was managing the company into the ground and was out of his depth. That management style that worked for him in his previous job (as a manager in retail), absolutely didn't work with a prima donna like me in a creative industry.

As blinkered as I was in that scenario, young footballers are going to be even more blinkered, entitled and protected. If you're earning 10,000s a week to train and mostly sit on the bench and someone goes around shouting and calling you a **** you're not going to think about the fans, or the team, they'll just think "this isn't on, fuck this guy, I wouldn't get treated like this elsewhere or if he left".

I now manage people and some need a kick up the arse and others need an arm round the shoulder. Some you have to appeal to their ego and challenge them, some you have to coax the best out of them and some you have to accept they're brilliant when they're in the right headspace to be and useless at other times no matter what approach you take. Jose only has one style of motivating and it limits the results he can get from a diverse range of player mentalities.

I was headhunted to work for a company (freelance) when I was still at Uni. I didn't have a lot of campus time that year but couldn't do the 3 days/week they wanted me to. I said I could only do 2 days a week as they were the days I had no classes. They told me I could be as flexible with my hours as I liked as long as I worked them. So I came in at 11am and intended to work til 6.30, though often stayed til 9.

A couple weeks in the manager called me into his office and told me he didn't like my attitude, coming in at 11am when the rest of them were starting at 9 especially as I only had to come in 2 days a week. I pointed out that was what was agreed when they hired me. He wrote "go fuck yourself" on the top of the proposal I'd put on his desk that day. His management style from then on was hostile and toxic and I quit soon after.

Was I being an entitled little shit? Probably. It was a cushty gig, earning around the same in my 2 days a week as some of the others who were working full time. But I wasn't looking at that, from my entitled standpoint I didn't deserve to be spoken to like that by someone who was managing the company into the ground and was out of his depth. That management style that worked for him in his previous job (as a manager in retail), absolutely didn't work with a prima donna like me in a creative industry.

As blinkered as I was in that scenario, young footballers are going to be even more blinkered, entitled and protected. If you're earning 10,000s a week to train and mostly sit on the bench and someone goes around shouting and calling you a **** you're not going to think about the fans, or the team, they'll just think "this isn't on, fuck this guy, I wouldn't get treated like this elsewhere or if he left".

I now manage people and some need a kick up the arse and others need an arm round the shoulder. Some you have to appeal to their ego and challenge them, some you have to coax the best out of them and some you have to accept they're brilliant when they're in the right headspace to be and useless at other times no matter what approach you take. Jose only has one style of motivating and it limits the results he can get from a diverse range of player mentalities.

:clap::clap::clap:

Maybe Jose needs to simply grow up, he admits you can't treat young players like shit anymore, so he needs to adapt before he becomes extinct!?

Yes maybe Ex, what ever happened to "Your never to old to learn" so bloody simple, unless of course you are a pig headed ?.

Posters/people have accused Poch of being soft; in reality, he showed a high EQ and the ability to adapt and learn, some players he knew he had to make a huge effort to have a close relationship with to get the best from them, some he knew he had to give tough love - but he did it behind closed doors and one to many or one on one.

What he didn't do is simply hang players out to dry when they were struggling with settling at the club or going through a bad time with injuries or simply not mentally right.

Of course, some will point to his ultimate failure, but I'd say that was more to do with his inability to make key deals happen and his belief that you didn't buy players for the sake of it....and so we go full circle..!

I think Poch forged those relationships so well it was ultimately hard for him to let go when he needed to be ruthless. Was easy for him to clear the deadwood when he joined as they'd not put their bodies on the line for him week in week out and had that bond.

I don't support other clubs so I don't know if it's the norm for the players to show the concern ours did when Poch was let go, Kane visiting his house & etc.