Reggie wants out. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Reggie wants out.

I don't think Dier wants to leave and I'm not sure about the clubs stance on him. Jose seems to be cooling towards him.
I would probably sell if we could replace with a decent CB.

Here we go again, blame Levy. Blame Jose, blame Jose tactics as if anyone on here knew what his tactics were.
Utter nonsense IMO, the only people to blame are the players. The money they earn and yet so many have absolutely no pride in their performance, the lack of hunger is astonishing. As somebody that can still remember the mistakes he made that cost his team the game, it astonishes me how easily some of these players move on.
I also blame many on this forum, it has been clear to me for a while that our defense is extremely poor. It was obvious to Jose IMO that he recognised this, hence his tactics at the start of the season.
These tactics took us to the top of the table, but all this got him was derision. When are we going to realise that if you want to play a more adventurous stile of football you have to have Good defenders, how many of our defenders would get into another top 6 side?
I really think we are so deluded, Mourinho has had top class defenders at every club he's been at with the exception of M.U. that is our problem IMO.

Here we go again, blame Levy. Blame Jose, blame Jose tactics as if anyone on here knew what his tactics were.
Utter nonsense IMO, the only people to blame are the players. The money they earn and yet so many have absolutely no pride in their performance, the lack of hunger is astonishing. As somebody that can still remember the mistakes he made that cost his team the game, it astonishes me how easily some of these players move on.
I also blame many on this forum, it has been clear to me for a while that our defense is extremely poor. It was obvious to Jose IMO that he recognised this, hence his tactics at the start of the season.
These tactics took us to the top of the table, but all this got him was derision. When are we going to realise that if you want to play a more adventurous stile of football you have to have Good defenders, how many of our defenders would get into another top 6 side?
I really think we are so deluded, Mourinho has had top class defenders at every club he's been at with the exception of M.U. that is our problem IMO.
Whilst those tactics saw us get to top of the table for a week it was the very same tactics that saw us slide down the table to eighth. And for Jose to change those tactics (for a while) he must have come to the conclusion that they were not working. I doubt very much if it was pressure or derision from some folk on VS that swayed him.

Good effort. Wrong tho. The players can only execute the gameplan they've been prepared for. When the tactics go awry, and all is failing form the manager, becasue the team is ill-prepared, what sort of "Attitude" do you expect to see? Those with enough experience in sport will have gone thru this, and know what I am talking about.

I commend the players for even showing up to make an attempt in the face of this mockery of football Jose has wrought upon the club.

Let's also not forget, these supposedly "inadequate for Jose defenders", are some of the very same that he has been trying to get into his various teams for years, as well as players he's signed in his Spurs tenure. Soooooooo........ yeah.

God, we really have that much power here - who'd ever have thunk it?!!

Because I don't think they are good enough to play for spurs I would sell:

Aurier. Davies. Dire. winks. Sissoko. Bergwyn.

???? Doc, Sanchez, Vinny, Hugo, Toby, Hart

Keep: Harry, Son, Reggie, Rodon, Ndom,Holj, Dele (Lucas** & Lamela as impact p!ayers) and Bale if used effectively

Probably missed someone... Still gobsmacked that anyone would feel Jose is going to be anything other than a hope to win but don't lose kinda guy...

** Lucas....3-4 games ago he would have been in my sell list...whilst I still think his default game is head down, eyes closed and run...he has shown he is more than that, so a good Lucas is an asset, a very good Lucas is a starter.

Jose out!

I don't think Dier wants to leave and I'm not sure about the clubs stance on him. Jose seems to be cooling towards him.
I would probably sell if we could replace with a decent CB.

He didn't want to leave - probably, but then he didn't ever want to be playing LCB, he and others knew that when you're transitioning into a CB, being stuck in your 'wrong side' is only the fast way to screwing up.

As of now, you had a peak of what he thinks, Jose accused him of a 'loss of confidence - two days later he came out and said that was (my word now) 'bullshit' and disagreed very publically, after that my player there told be it was like an artic storm between Jose and the players.

He brings it on himself, yet again.

The man can't stop himself, he really can't.

Keep: Harry, Son, Reggie, Rodon, Ndom,Holj, Dele (Lucas** & Lamela as impact p!ayers) and Bale if used effectively

Probably missed someone... Still gobsmacked that anyone would feel Jose is going to be anything other than a hope to win but don't lose kinda guy...

** Lucas....3-4 games ago he would have been in my sell list...whilst I still think his default game is head down, eyes closed and run...he has shown he is more than that, so a good Lucas is an asset, a very good Lucas is a starter.

Jose out!

Afraid your keep list includes 5 who will be trying very hard to exit.

All I know is if I don't perform I am told, granted it is not in front of the world. But by the same token I don't make a fortune from my social media profile.
Going back to 60-70's managers often criticise players, all of a sudden they are paid fortunes, play like shite and the manager can't say anything. It's his job on the line, players need to understand that they are playing for the club and fans not the manager.
What does it say about the character and values of a player that stops giving his all because he doesn't like the manager, they utterly disgust me.

He didn't want to leave - probably, but then he didn't ever want to be playing LCB, he and others knew that when you're transitioning into a CB, being stuck in your 'wrong side' is only the fast way to screwing up.

As of now, you had a peak of what he thinks, Jose accused him of a 'loss of confidence - two days later he came out and said that was (my word now) 'bullshit' and disagreed very publically, after that my player there told be it was like an artic storm between Jose and the players.

He brings it on himself, yet again.

The man can't stop himself, he really can't.

Jose said confidence drops a little bit when mistakes are made. Dier said he hasn't been in a bad place confidence wise. That doesn't meant it hasn't taken a dip..
Dier isnt playing well, neither is Winks or Dele and Bale is limited stamina wise.
So how long do we accommodate them ? If they aren't going to improve....force them out. Jose wants a reaction, if they cant give it....go.
I would use Bale from now on when Lamela gets tired or we need an attacker. If the game is safe bring on a more defensive option. If Bale doesn't perform in the 25 minute cameos left this season, drop him.

Bale was always going to go so no surprises there. If anything i'd pack his bags & help him on his way.

Hugo wants to leave then so be it. He's been fully committed to the club so i'd only ever wish him well.

The only others i'd like to see leave are Aurier & Doherty. Serge has it in him to excel but he's also an accident waiting to happen. Doherty hasn't worked out either. It's fair to say he's struggled in every game i've seen. He needs to be moved on.

Bale was always going to go so no surprises there. If anything i'd pack his bags & help him on his way.

Hugo wants to leave then so be it. He's been fully committed to the club so i'd only ever wish him well.

The only others i'd like to see leave are Aurier & Doherty. Serge has it in him to excel but he's also an accident waiting to happen. Doherty hasn't worked out either. It's fair to say he's struggled in every game i've seen. He needs to be moved on.

he really wasn't Steve, but whatever.

Jose said confidence drops a little bit when mistakes are made. Dier said he hasn't been in a bad place confidence wise. That doesn't meant it hasn't taken a dip..
Dier isnt playing well, neither is Winks or Dele and Bale is limited stamina wise.
So how long do we accommodate them ? If they aren't going to improve....force them out. Jose wants a reaction, if they cant give it....go.
I would use Bale from now on when Lamela gets tired or we need an attacker. If the game is safe bring on a more defensive option. If Bale doesn't perform in the 25 minute cameos left this season, drop him.

read how a good manager deals with a loss of alleged confidence - and note he doesn't do it in public:

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/how-ollie-has-managed-shaw.114297/

The other thing Top, is you do know that at one point, before Jose's negativity we had the best/second-best defence in the league - so what happened for it to go so badly wrong?

Especially given that we have the best coach in the land !?

I don't openly campaign for a manager to be sacked, but if he doesn't turn this around, he'll take everyone - including the club with him, that's his history.

Last edited:
The other thing Top, is you do know that at one point, before Jose's negativity we had the best/second-best defence in the league - so what happened for it to go so badly wrong?

Especially given that we have the best coach in the land !?

I don't openly campaign for a manager to bes acked, but if he doesn't turn this around, he'll take everyone - including the club with him, that's his history.

Really may have already done it.

Jose out!
Oh....definitely keep Gio.