Reggie wants out. | Vital Football

Reggie wants out.

Spursex

Alert Team
@80deg16minW here's one of them. There are more.

Report claims Tottenham’s summer signing wants to leave at end of season

By
Bharad Thirumalai

According to Spanish publication El Gol Digital, Sergio Reguilon is looking to leave Tottenham after just one season at the club with a return to Spain potentially on the cards for the left-back.
Reguilon has settled in very well to life at Spurs and has been one of the North Londoners’ most consistent players this season.

Real Madrid have a buy-back option on the Spaniard that is active until the summer of 2022 and some reports have suggested that Los Blancos could activate it in the summer.
However, El Gol Digitial now states that Reguilon is more likely to join Sevilla, where he excelled on loan last season.

The report claims that the Andalusian club will try to snap up the Spurs defender if they fail to land Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso.

It is said that Reguilon “has fallen into a unstable project” at Tottenham and wishes to return to La Liga in the summer.

The report suggests that Sevilla believe that the 24-year-old would be a perfect fit for Julen Lopetegui’s style of play and Spurs have not ruled out the prospect of selling the former Real Madrid man.

Last edited:
There's so much wrong here. Really wouldn't even read the whole thing.

However...... This phrase "Fallen into an unstable project" is about right. Whether to attribute it to which player(s), well there's that.

FYI, we'd prolly have a hard time selling him to The Bathtubs under the nose of Los Blancos methinks.

I think they said on match commentary that he'd missed out on the Spanish squad this week. That could be a reason for the toxic media to create a story about him to make more of it. It could also be a legitimate reason why he thinks playing in Spain would be best all round for his international chances.

Who could blame him for wanting to go and play somewhere where he could express himself more than under Jose?

There's so much wrong here. Really wouldn't even read the whole thing.

However...... This phrase "Fallen into an unstable project" is about right. Whether to attribute it to which player(s), well there's that.

FYI, we'd prolly have a hard time selling him to The Bathtubs under the nose of Los Blancos methinks.

I like that phrase as well, very apt.

Kane, Son, Dele, Reguilon, Winks and Dier, we should be able to build a pretty good team under the right manager, with the proceeds raised from the sale of those six, providing we 'don't do a Bale' again. Probably though those proceeds will be spent on getting rid of Mourinho and his crew, and replenishing the lost income suffered since the stadium closure.

I don't expect him to stay to be honest, I never really got the impression he was here for the long term especially given the weird deal he was sign on. Add the Jose and Bale factor and the likeliness of both not being here next season then I'd be ever more shocked if he stayed.

Shame because he's a great left back, time for another LB search lol

Kane, Son, Dele, Reguilon, Winks and Dier, we should be able to build a pretty good team under the right manager, with the proceeds raised from the sale of those six, providing we 'don't do a Bale' again. Probably though those proceeds will be spent on getting rid of Mourinho and his crew, and replenishing the lost income suffered since the stadium closure.

Sure, in about 6-10 years.

Who are these players that you beleive are gonna be soooooo enticed by this new Spurs project you describe, that they'll actually want to come? Because they DO have to WANT to come, and frankly, at this moment, in world football, there's not a single "World Class" player (Which is the level of player you are talking about replacing) who would join Spurs. Not a single one.

So, in theory, I guess you're right, we could blow up this top level squad we've just spent the last few windows breaking spending records assembling, and beating top clubs to get...... We should throw them in the toilet, and start all brand new.

OR.......

We could fire the SonOfABitch that is fuking up our glorious club, Send his sorry ass packing, and THEN.... KEEP ALL THOSE PLAYERS, and let's NOT try and reinvent a team that we've all seen can be a viciously dominant force in the Prem, under the right tutelage & direction.

Fire the manager, get the best squad Spurs have EVER assembled playing to their strengths, and you'll see massive improvement & results in DAYS.

Rid yourself of these pesky World Class level players, spend years trying (and likely failing) to replace them, and sit and whine & complain about the consecutive barely Top10 finishes, with no trophies, and a stadium we struggle to fill, that instead of being a cash cow then becomes a the worlds biggest sports financial blunder.....

I'm seeing clearly how'd I'd like this to go.

Who are these players that you beleive are gonna be soooooo enticed by this new Spurs project you describe, that they'll actually want to come? Because they DO have to WANT to come, and frankly, at this moment, in world football, there's not a single "World Class" player (Which is the level of player you are talking about replacing) who would join Spurs. Not a single one.

So, in theory, I guess you're right, we could blow up this top level squad we've just spent the last few windows breaking spending records assembling, and beating top clubs to get...... We should throw them in the toilet, and start all brand new.

OR.......

We could fire the SonOfABitch that is fuking up our glorious club, Send his sorry ass packing, and THEN.... KEEP ALL THOSE PLAYERS, and let's NOT try and reinvent a team that we've all seen can be a viciously dominant force in the Prem, under the right tutelage & direction.

Fire the manager, get the best squad Spurs have EVER assembled playing to their strengths, and you'll see massive improvement & results in DAYS.

Rid yourself of these pesky World Class level players, spend years trying (and likely failing) to replace them, and sit and whine & complain about the consecutive barely Top10 finishes, with no trophies, and a stadium we struggle to fill, that instead of being a cash cow then becomes a the worlds biggest sports financial blunder.....

Even if Mourinho gets sacked the players will want out. Levy's credibility with the players is nuked. Bale will tell them, nothing has changed since he left. Bringing Bale back was a big mistake.

I don't expect him to stay to be honest, I never really got the impression he was here for the long term especially given the weird deal he was sign on. Add the Jose and Bale factor and the likeliness of both not being here next season then I'd be ever more shocked if he stayed.

Shame because he's a great left back, time for another LB search lol

Who's gonna send him back? You think Levy is gonna go, "ok, sorry bro, here, you can go back and play in Spain, we will just go find a like for like replacement. Thanks and good luck!"

No.

This noise is symptomatic of the GreatProblem, just another in a serious series of spills that've come out if you're paying attention.

The buyback is set, they may try and exercise that, but the player would have to agree to such a move, and at the moment I dont beleive he would. And any sale of this player to anyone else would be exponentially more ££.

Even if Mourinho gets sacked the players will want out. Levy's credibility with the players is nuked. Bale will tell them, nothing has changed since he left. Bringing Bale back was a big mistake.

I will respectfully, and completely disagree with your opinion. Based solely upon what I understand to be true.

If Jose is out, actually the players will be more inclined to stay.

Levy's personal relationship with each of the players is not at risk. No one is looking at his Jose hire, and assigning any blame or negativity to that decision, as all were 1000000000% on board. Reality has reared its head, and new choices will be made.

FYI, Bale, and what his opinion of the current Spurs situation is, is very likely to not carry much weight with those that've been there the past few years & more. And one glance around the locker room at the guys he's playing with, would tell him that EVERYTHING is different form whence he was last there. Bringing him back may prove to be the only positive development out of this season, especially if he carries on well to the end. With a different manager (pretty much anyone else), we'd have seen a totally different Bale than we have. Jose has handled this player extremely poorly, and its known.

Defending Jose now, is akin to trying to convince folks that that baby diaper filled with shit that's been sitting in the hot sun for 3 days is giving off a pleasant aroma.

Can't wait to pretend this all never happened.

I will respectfully, and completely disagree with your opinion. Based solely upon what I understand to be true.

If Jose is out, actually the players will be more inclined to stay.

Levy's personal relationship with each of the players is not at risk. No one is looking at his Jose hire, and assigning any blame or negativity to that decision, as all were 1000000000% on board. Reality has reared its head, and new choices will be made.

FYI, Bale, and what his opinion of the current Spurs situation is, is very likely to not carry much weight with those that've been there the past few years & more. And one glance around the locker room at the guys he's playing with, would tell him that EVERYTHING is different form whence he was last there. Bringing him back may prove to be the only positive development out of this season, especially if he carries on well to the end. With a different manager (pretty much anyone else), we'd have seen a totally different Bale than we have. Jose has handled this player extremely poorly, and its known.

Defending Jose now, is akin to trying to convince folks that that baby diaper filled with shit that's been sitting in the hot sun for 3 days is giving off a pleasant aroma.

Can't wait to pretend this all never happened.

Hmmm. Interesting insight re Levy and the players.

Kane, Son, Dele and Hugo could prefer to move on irrespective of the manager IMO.
Mostly for medals and in Hugo's case maybe choosing where he wants to finish.
Bale is just using us.
Reggie may be homesick.
Winks wants to play but is probably not good enough now.
Sissoko has outlived his usefulness.
Doherty hasn't worked out.
Aurier is nuts.
Vinnie is on loan and probably not worth his buying clause.
Bergwijn hasn't really worked out.

So a lot of players who potentially could or should leave admittedly IMO.

Kane, Son, Dele and Hugo could prefer to move on irrespective of the manager IMO. Mostly for medals and in Hugo's case maybe choosing where he wants to finish.

At the moment, Hugo is the only one leaning to go, for the reasons you say, and he prolly wants to play in France. Ignoring the cliché "Love of the game"... Kane is motivated by $$ and "profile", Son is motivated by Fame & $$, and Dele just wants to play football. Zero chance all 3 are let to leave, unlikely more than one in fact, that's just bad business, and Levy's not gonna do that. And also, coming out of COVID, and the new realities, who do you think is gonna pay the going rate for any of our players? Especially coming off a poor season. I think you're a bit too convinced that this will happen.

Bale is just using us.

Haha, you really are usually alot smarter than that.

Reggie may be homesick.

Reggie is having the fuken time of his life!

Winks wants to play but is probably not good enough now.

How can you know how good a player is that doesn't play? Do you trust the managers pre-match considerations & analysis? I certainly don't.

Sissoko has outlived his usefulness.

Who cares about this guy really. He's a number, always been just a number, most of the time with us he's been an unmitigated disaster on the field. However, he is highly respected & liked by everyone at the club. Go back and watch the Amazon doc, when Jose is told how important Sissoko is to the atmosphere, and Jose is visibly shocked (As is everyone else). He's gone after the season anyway.

Doherty hasn't worked out.

Not really fair IMO. until a player is given is played to his strengths, I'm not gonna form any solid opinion. I see him making attacking plays that other players in our squad don't or can't. He has a feel in and around the penalty area, and if played w less defensive responsibilities, he'd be more effective. Partnering him w Bale on our right side is plain idiocy. Doesn't do either of them any favors, they are not compatible. This is on Jose for being stupid.

Aurier is nuts.

👍

Vinnie is on loan and probably not worth his buying clause.

My opinion, he IS worth his release clause. BUT hasn't had enough game time to show all he has to offer. He is a highly skilled CF, with alot more in his locker than just poaching goals up front. He's a second-stringer in our squad, but could be a very dangerous weapon if used correctly (There's a theme here).

Bergwijn hasn't really worked out.

Not gonna repeat alot of stuff, but just to say, this is a very very good player, and a high quality person. A very good signing that will hopefully be playing for us and making plays for some time.

So a lot of players who potentially could or should leave admittedly IMO.

All that, and oyu're not including Eric Dier?!?! He should be A#1 on your "Out" list. Not even close. This guy is a disease, and should be the second most import effort to be rid of, after JoseTheFraud.

OR.......

Don't disagree with you at all other than for the fact that I just don't see it as being likely that we will keep the players I refer to irrespective of the managerial situation. Kane and Son are world class players at the peak of their careers for whom this was probably a last chance saloon season for Spurs, they probably recognise that Spurs are a long long way from reaching a level which matches their abilities and ambitions, and Reguilon would seem to have put himself in the same category. I don't see these players adopting a viewpoint of let's give it another season and see how the new guy makes out, they could spend the best years of their careers doing that. Even a Club loyalist like Harry of whom there are few in football, must reach a stage where he has to make a career decision that he feels is best for him and his family. Winks and Dele are somewhat different insofar as they were highly promising young players, already England regulars, who have fallen way down the pecking order. There will in all probability be offers for them, and they may feel that a change of Club can kick start their careers again.
We are unfortunately back where we were when Pochettino came on board. He managed to turn a few shrewd buys from lesser Clubs, like Rodgers is doing at Leicester, and some highly promising youngsters from within, into a team that improved progressively to a point where it was able to reach a CL final.
Somehow the Club has got to find the right man to do that for us again. He will at least have an advantage over Pochettino, given that Levy permitting and with the scenario I have painted, he should start with money to spend. There are players out there who will see us as a step up and be willing to join us, they just won't be the superstars. But when did we last sign any of them.

At the moment, Hugo is the only one leaning to go, for the reasons you say, and he prolly wants to play in France. Ignoring the cliché "Love of the game"... Kane is motivated by $$ and "profile", Son is motivated by Fame & $$, and Dele just wants to play football. Zero chance all 3 are let to leave, unlikely more than one in fact, that's just bad business, and Levy's not gonna do that. And also, coming out of COVID, and the new realities, who do you think is gonna pay the going rate for any of our players? Especially coming off a poor season. I think you're a bit too convinced that this will happen.

How can you know how good a player is that doesn't play? Do you trust the managers pre-match considerations & analysis? I certainly don't.

Who cares about this guy really. He's a number, always been just a number, most of the time with us he's been an unmitigated disaster on the field. However, he is highly respected & liked by everyone at the club. Go back and watch the Amazon doc, when Jose is told how important Sissoko is to the atmosphere, and Jose is visibly shocked (As is everyone else). He's gone after the season anyway.

Not really fair IMO. until a player is given is played to his strengths, I'm not gonna form any solid opinion. I see him making attacking plays that other players in our squad don't or can't. He has a feel in and around the penalty area, and if played w less defensive responsibilities, he'd be more effective. Partnering him w Bale on our right side is plain idiocy. Doesn't do either of them any favors, they are not compatible. This is on Jose for being stupid.

👍

My opinion, he IS worth his release clause. BUT hasn't had enough game time to show all he has to offer. He is a highly skilled CF, with alot more in his locker than just poaching goals up front. He's a second-stringer in our squad, but could be a very dangerous weapon if used correctly (There's a theme here).

Not gonna repeat alot of stuff, but just to say, this is a very very good player, and a high quality person. A very good signing that will hopefully be playing for us and making plays for some time.

All that, and oyu're not including Eric Dier?!?! He should be A#1 on your "Out" list. Not even close. This guy is a disease, and should be the second most import effort to be rid of, after JoseTheFraud.

Its not my out list for most of them. I was looking at it from the players point of view and their positions either personal or within the squad.
I would say Aurier, Doherty and Sissoko are on my out list. Bale is borderline for me. Outside the list...I would sell Ndombele due to stamina, attitude and inconsistency. I would sell Davies

👍

My out list would be a lot longer. The players I mentioned are my take on potential leavers either from their perspective or the clubs.