refunds - last season and this | Vital Football

refunds - last season and this

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
It's time for the chairman to give people the option of refunds for the last part of the previous season and for this season.

From yesterday's news it looks like we wont be back watching until April. So this season is a write-off.

He's made no statement on his consultation fee and i don't want to pay for his cost of living.

It's time to sort this mess out. Why keep delaying?

Question. Would you be OK for the club to be forced into liquidation if everyone demanded their money back?
If you do not want the ifollow option to watch the games, anyone can contact the club at any time to request (or threaten legal action) to get money back.
I suspect PDPS is more concerned with trying to keep the club afloat but has said he has had hardly any refund requests so far. This may not be true of course.

Scally said we won't last until Christmas with no crowds, so I'd expect you'll get your refund when the administrator shuts the club down...
I paid for a two year season ticket so maybe now is the time to try and get my money back.

Question. Would you be OK for the club to be forced into liquidation if everyone demanded their money back?
If you do not want the ifollow option to watch the games, anyone can contact the club at any time to request (or threaten legal action) to get money back.
I suspect PDPS is more concerned with trying to keep the club afloat but has said he has had hardly any refund requests so far. This may not be true of course.
Ifollow should have been given to ST holders for free for the season. This did not happen. I have tried contacting Ifollow over the Hull fiasco and they took 3 days to reply. A poor service.

To be honest I am looking at this totally differently to you WX. I am looking to make a donation to the club because there is no way I want to see my club out of business. PDPS may be on a good salary but also feel that maybe he is working harder this year than any other and come May 2021 could well have earnt his corn.

To be honest I am looking at this totally differently to you WX. I am looking to make a donation to the club because there is no way I want to see my club out of business. PDPS may be on a good salary but also feel that maybe he is working harder this year than any other and come May 2021 could well have earnt his corn.
I don't mind supporting the club BUT NOT his wages.

Ifollow should have been given to ST holders for free for the season. This did not happen. I have tried contacting Ifollow over the Hull fiasco and they took 3 days to reply. A poor service.

I was under the impression that ST holders were getting iFollow for free for as long as fans are banned from the stadium which may or may not be for the full season at this point.

iFollow is run by the EFL and not Scally so you can hardly blame him for the fiasco. The club got codes for the matches out to everyone as far as I know** and it isn't their fault if the EFL might have provided the same code out to several people. It isn't the club's fault if the EFL had technical issues with their hardware and software or people at the BBC (in the case of Gillingham) forgot to hit the "Talk On/Off" button.

** might be a couple of isolated cases where Royal Mail put it in the wrong letter box I accept

I'm sure a lot of fans would rather wait for their money than see the club fold.
If the club were to fold regardless what would be the point of waiting for a refund? You will not get one as the club is insolvent.

Waiting to get your money would be a pointless exercise.

If the club were to fold regardless what would be the point of waiting for a refund? You will not get one as the club is insolvent.

Waiting to get your money would be a pointless exercise.

Dover will only fold due to lack of money. If they used the season ticket money, that may keep them alive.

His point was, it wasn’t his money.
People had paid for a product that they haven’t had so he cannot possibly keep any of it.

But we do that every pre season. I'm sure most fans would rather wait and hope they can go next season, than not have a club to support at all.

Dover will only fold due to lack of money. If they used the season ticket money, that may keep them alive.
It won’t mate and Parmenter knows that.
They will fold in two weeks according to him.
No fans = no revenue = no club.
Only the PL or the PFA or the government can rescue the situation.
None of them look likely at the moment.
They will be the first of many.
I expect they will mothball the ground and look to salvage something when the time comes.

GFC & ifollow are sharing a platform to take money that I do not owe. I can apportion blame but both are responsible and should be engaging with fans, apologising and offering solutions. I won't bore you with the 3 different, automated responses that I have received from 3 different sources, If we and other clubs are in such a parlous situation then engaging with people is the bare minimum.

As to refunds I have no interest in requesting one but they should be offered and it is a commercial matter not a moral one. I am confused that some of the same people, who say we have no relationship with club but a commercial one, now ask us to relinquish basic, consumer rights.

All power ro Scally in his efforts to keep our club afloat. I will support him and the club in this venture to the end but he needs to communicate directly with fans more frequently. We are all involved in the same enterprise, quite apart from the financial mess, to keep a virtual version of our game going long enough for solutions to emerge.

If the season ticket money is only enough until Christmas and then the club is likely to fold then there is a certain moral question of whether or not it is acceptable to spend the ST when technically insolvent. If you know you are going to fold regardless then is it better to stop spending any cash so that upon folding there are more assets in which to pay off any creditors?

3 days isn’t really ‘bad service’. I think that’s pretty good. Are you expecting an instance response 24-7? Did it cause you any major issues having to wait a couple of days for a resolution?