Reflections on Stoke game | Vital Football

Reflections on Stoke game

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
Stoke were shite but I see some good signs. Darlow was really good and is showing signs of improvement, maybe he can be the keeper we need in future. I liked the shape of the team with Perez up front on his own. It gives us more options in terms of people breaking from midfield than having Joselu basically doing fuck all. What a difference with Lascelles in the defence instead of Lejeaune. We need to hope he keeps fit. Finally I am going to have to eat my words in respect of Murphy, he looks like he might turn into a player.

Oh, and that was a penalty wasn't it?

A load of positives, Rafa building from the back. Lascelles record continues. Murphy showed potential with such a mature run and cross, Atsu showed a new dimension. Darlow gained confidence.

Having said that, a lot of room for improved quality in the squad. Not all opposition will be as sterile and think what we could do with more investment in the spine of the side.

For sure mate, the only reason we looked better playing without a recognized front man is because we haven't got one. Add 2 top class full backs and a prolific number 9 and we would look half decent without too many injuries.

I lost my stream early in the match and did not get it back until 85 mins.

What I saw resembled the Alamo,my heart was in my mouth man.
We were sitting deep just inviting them on,that puzzled me because the lads who were posting kept on remarking how shit Stoke were.

When Hayden missed that sitter I feared the worse,that save from Darlow was immense.

Don't care how we got the three points though,they were desperately needed.

PieMag - 2/1/2018 19:37

We were sitting deep just inviting them on,that puzzled me because the lads who were posting kept on remarking how shit Stoke were.

When Hayden missed that sitter I feared the worse,that save from Darlow was immense.

You missed the best bits. Dropping any points would have been a travesty. It could have been dead and buried by the time Perez scored and the "penalty" that wasn't given would have sealed it.

Rexn - 2/1/2018 20:02

PieMag - 2/1/2018 19:37

You missed the best bits. Dropping any points would have been a travesty. It could have been dead and buried by the time Perez scored and the "penalty" that wasn't given would have sealed it.

I was going mental rex.

All I had to go by were the stats from Sporting life and the commentary from the lads posting on here.

I know now that "Jesus Christ" and "shit" are not good things to post during a match :17: they just increased the stress levels.

I've yet to see a good quality video of the goal,you tube has nothing worthy on offer,i'm guessing that's to do with broadcasting rights.

Try https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv

Since Rafa came nufc.co.uk is free. After all, Ashley may have my details but I don't have to buy from him.

Thanks rex, I'll pass on that link though and wait for a video that is really free. :14:

Nice to see that the agenda against us and other 'low' lights continues as the BBC failed to show the penalty incident aside from one of the co-commentators mentioning it in the after match debate as being stone wall.

Surely the whole point of showing highlights is to show the goals, best action and debating points? Like the Rooney elbow on Matt Ritchie the other week and many other cases of rough justice, as soon as it's something we've done wrong, it's spotted.

That's now something like 118 games in the top league without a red card for the opposition and god knows how long since our last pen.