Referee watch | Vital Football

Referee watch

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Champions League
Huddersfield away - ref confirms we should had two penalties awarded to us.
- arguably Cantwell got away with a challenge on one of their players

PNE home - any comments?

Huddersfield away - ref confirms we should had two penalties awarded to us.
- arguably Cantwell got away with a challenge on one of their players

PNE home - any comments?
The officiating at this level is poor, i always comment on it. I watched the game live yesterday and i thought the pen was soft, and fischer was nose to nose with the ref at one point after his booking and he did nothing the ref. I thought he let a few things go yesterday that he shouldnt have overall, had a lot worse though

Xavi should have been we t off but their right back (who scored their 2nd) should have gone too. He got booked then went face to face with the ref.

Reactions: Rex
The trouble is that fouls and pens are all highly subjective and you get varying opinions.

For what it's worth, I thought the pen against us was right if a bit soft. However, I agree with the ref that we should have had two pens.

Nevertheless, I think a draw will do more to stimulate our team to perform than a contentious victory, which might have had the opposite effect.

I will look at the positives.

We scored two goals in one game
We came back twice.
We didn't lose.

I know you can also twist those into negatives -

We let in two
We conceded twice
We didn't win.

But positive.

Oh and another negative - we still can't defend set pieces. I think The guys on IFollow (RN) said we only won one header from their many corners.

It appears you cannot even have any hand contact on back.
Refs need to be able to see what is excessive and only give penalties
accordingly. In a crowded box ( I cannot understand not leaving even on player to counter ) it is impossible to avoid contact.

It appears you cannot even have any hand contact on back.
Refs need to be able to see what is excessive and only give penalties
accordingly. In a crowded box ( I cannot understand not leaving even on player to counter ) it is impossible to avoid contact.
I remember Zimmermann got the same amount of a push against Arsenal and handballed it as he flew in the air ---- Arsenal got the pen. Mane gave Zimmermann a slight push to get an advantage to score ---- goal stood.

Skipp shouldn't have touched him as ref these days, but it was hardly enough of a touch to send him flying.