Reese James | Vital Football

Reese James

Hardly surprising. Given no information or source which is not ideal but I would assume on a permanent. Would be foolish for Chelsea to sell him and I very much doubt they will.

Somehow I sense tl4e blood pressure rising.

Seems ridiculous to say in regards an 18 year old defender but the reported £10 million fee seems far too low a price in today's market given his start in the professional game and just how could he will likely be. I appreciate Chelsea rarely see any of their academy products make it to their first team but give it a couple of years and I expect he'll be the exception to the rule, so somehow I doubt they'll be selling.

Typical Nixon nonsense, £10million would be a joke as Chelsea know full well he will become massively valuable in a few short years! Nixon just loves stirring up the fans but don't be fooled by his nonsense!!

I think its a good move for Brighton but if the Chelsea coaches realise what they have (you'd think they would) they know Reece has a huge chance to follow in John Terrys footsteps and he's well worth keeping hold of.

Paul Winstanley at it again. Someone needs to ban him from the DW, Wiganer or not.

This is why I wish we had rich owners coming in. We could be spending this money and reaping the rewards long term, as make no mistake this kid will be worth 40 million plus in three years or so.

Chelsea will not part with Reece as he is seen as a prize asset and definitely one for their future. Their fan sites are already calling for his inclusion in the first team squad following his performances for us, and rightly so in my opinion.

Do Chelsea have a recall option in Reece's season long loan agreement?
If not he's going nowhere until next summer.

I would think that there is always a recall clause inserted into loan agreements to cover for unexpected issues. I would think it would be similar to Lee Evans last season.

The lad is far too good for Brighton.

As for Nixon if England caps were given out for bullshit he would have 200+

Do Chelsea have a recall option in Reece's season long loan agreement?
If not he's going nowhere until next summer.

I don't think there is but you never know for sure. Tbh the story never said a bid was imminent for Jan just they fancied him as any club watching our game would do and Chelsea rate him highly and would need a massive bid to sell. Personally I'm not worried i think Brighton wont break their transfer record for a untried right back and i think Chelsea will want to have him involved in the first team next preseaaon to reallt assess his progress before they decide to keep, loan or sell him.

Much as I don't want to disagree KDZ any player that is sent out on loan will no doubt have some sort of recall clause in the contract otherwise it would not be prudent for the home club to let him out. The home club would cover all sorts of eventualities within the contract including the unforeseen sale of the player, injury to the player or a desperate need for him to be back at the club due to an injury crisis. No doubt the club loaning him will also insert its own clauses to cover their own interests but as the player is on contract to his home club they would no doubt be dictating terms.

They would. Brighton aren’t stupid, they know in the current market that a player like him fetches up to 40 million minimum in the near future and their best (only) chance to get him is now while Chelsea are unsure what to do with him. Their head scout is a Latics fan who still lives here and watches all our games. Dan Ashworth was part of the England setup overseeing James’ development. It’s no coincidence they’ve tried to sign all our best players over the past year.

Dan Burn won’t kick a ball for Brighton in the Premier League. You can bank on that.

OK. That maybe a little harsh but I see him playing many more games for us in the future than Brighton. That is unless they are relegated.

They would. Brighton aren’t stupid, they know in the current market that a player like him fetches up to 40 million minimum in the near future and their best (only) chance to get him is now while Chelsea are unsure what to do with him. Their head scout is a Latics fan who still lives here and watches all our games. Dan Ashworth was part of the England setup overseeing James’ development. It’s no coincidence they’ve tried to sign all our best players over the past year.

would not be surprised if chelsea recalled him in january and he then went to brighton dan ashworth i think it was him saying it would be a good move for the lad and for chelsea in the long term

I doubt he'll go anywhere in January - he's only played around a dozen professional games, is playing every week and developing nicely. It was the aim of the loan so why interupt that when it's going according to plan.

I honestly can't see Chelsea selling him in the summer either, the next stage for him will be another season long loan probably to a PL club such as Brighton. You have to admire Brightons ambition although I'd be amazed if they succeeded considering he's at one of the country's top six clubs.

Much as I don't want to disagree KDZ any player that is sent out on loan will no doubt have some sort of recall clause in the contract otherwise it would not be prudent for the home club to let him out. The home club would cover all sorts of eventualities within the contract including the unforeseen sale of the player, injury to the player or a desperate need for him to be back at the club due to an injury crisis. No doubt the club loaning him will also insert its own clauses to cover their own interests but as the player is on contract to his home club they would no doubt be dictating terms.

If we paid a fee to loan him or accepted a clause that would mean he needs to play a percentage of game meaning a recall clause would be less likely. But if he is a free loan with no apperance clause then a recall clause would be possible. I suspect to get a player of James potential some type of fee would've been involved.