Reece James | Vital Football

Reece James

A touch of real class by our manager and our club. I'm certain the fans will give Reece a wonderful send off on Sunday. Our player of the season by a country mile.

Has Reece been given the captains armband when Morsy has been suspended throughout the season? Have we got a vice captain btw?

Has Reece been given the captains armband when Morsy has been suspended throughout the season? Have we got a vice captain btw?

When Morsy hasn't been on i think it's gone to a few different players Fox, Burn, Olsson and Jacobs have all had it at some point i think Dunkley may have had it too. This is the first time Reece had it.

Doesn’t feel like the gesture it once was as Cook has a habit of throwing the armband about like sweets when Morsy isn’t playing. Burn, Jacobs, Powell, Dunkley, Fox and Olsson have all had it since he’s been in charge.

The true gesture will be when he gets subbed off. He deserves the ovation he’ll get. Hopefully he enjoys it.

Reece, even at just 19 years old, is fully deserving of the armband. He's a very very special talent, the like of which only gets seen a handful of times in a generation. We'll never see him back at Latics. That's just life, and as much as I'm gutted about it, it's just reality. Hate to say it, but Reece James is better than Wigan Athletic, and I say that advisedly after 20 plus years supporting the club. Frankly, it's been a privilege and an honour to see him play for us this season. He's not just a future England player, but a future England captain, without a shadow of a doubt. His talent is beyond question, but his attitude, his mentality, his temperament... Second to none.

Reece James is a football icon in the making, and I honestly feel honoured to have had the privilege of seeing him play this season.

There aren't enough good words to describe the lad. I'm excited to see what he does in his career, wherever that may take him.

Reece, even at just 19 years old, is fully deserving of the armband. He's a very very special talent, the like of which only gets seen a handful of times in a generation. We'll never see him back at Latics. That's just life, and as much as I'm gutted about it, it's just reality. Hate to say it, but Reece James is better than Wigan Athletic, and I say that advisedly after 20 plus years supporting the club. Frankly, it's been a privilege and an honour to see him play for us this season. He's not just a future England player, but a future England captain, without a shadow of a doubt. His talent is beyond question, but his attitude, his mentality, his temperament... Second to none.

Reece James is a football icon in the making, and I honestly feel honoured to have had the privilege of seeing him play this season.

There aren't enough good words to describe the lad. I'm excited to see what he does in his career, wherever that may take him.

You have said everything I wanted to say Im really sad we wont see this lad again for us

Absolutely nail on head sir.

Doesn’t feel like the gesture it once was as Cook has a habit of throwing the armband about like sweets when Morsy isn’t playing. Burn, Jacobs, Powell, Dunkley, Fox and Olsson have all had it since he’s been in charge.

The true gesture will be when he gets subbed off. He deserves the ovation he’ll get. Hopefully he enjoys it.

Totally agree, at the end of the day its just an armband that gets passed around, most people that have worn it this season don't have any leadership qualities and that includes Morsy who should be leading by example and not a ticking timebomb.

Lets raise the roof for the lad if he gets subbed with 15 minutes to go.

Last edited:
Well what a final game from young Reece....as usual a had a great game. Some subliminal long passes during the game alongside his usual strong commanding game play. Was a neat substitution towards the end to give him a fitting farewell from the fans. Oh what I'd give for another season loan from Chelsea altho I'm wondering if he will be part of their squad next season or loaned out to a lower tier prem club??

People get paid to write this bollocks:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/l...could-deal-big-blow-to-wigans-transfer-hopes/

Did anyone seriously think that Reece would ever be seen in a Wigan shirt next season? Seriously? That's most poorly researched, lazy piece of journalism I think I've read in a decade.

Click bait - he would have earned a few pennies from the ad revenue and will be thanking you even more and should be paying you commission as others have now clicked on your link.