Reece james | Vital Football

Reece james

When watching Reece play, I think almost every Wigan fan were flabbergasted as to why he is even playing in the championship, lad ran games at 18/19, never forget Reece literally running through like 6-7 Leeds players from our own box to their box away at Elland road and got a shot off, if he scored that, it would have been the best goal I would have ever seen.

I think there's little doubt that we can now crown the new "best player ever to play for Wigan".

Favourites aside, Valencia, given his medal haul was probably on top of the pile (for most people).

OK, so it's comparatively early days, but the potential for this lad is tremendous.

When watching Reece play, I think almost every Wigan fan were flabbergasted as to why he is even playing in the championship, lad ran games at 18/19, never forget Reece literally running through like 6-7 Leeds players from our own box to their box away at Elland road and got a shot off, if he scored that, it would have been the best goal I would have ever seen.
I wasn't surprised. Look at Chelsea's pool of players. Also he decided to stay on with us (because of Paul Cook) when he could have gone to another club - possibly a lower Premier league club.

I wasn't surprised. Look at Chelsea's pool of players. Also he decided to stay on with us (because of Paul Cook) when he could have gone to another club - possibly a lower Premier league club.

Had more maturity than most players at 19, his humbleness was and still is one reason he is going to be world class

Give it a rest ffs, go and buy a Chelsea season ticket if the lad means that much to you!

You lot bang on about him more than bloody Chelsea fans do.

Phew ! Thank God for that. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was worried that the absence of your joyless posts on here meant that you might have come down with something serious ...... or even worse.

But no ... the same old T&C is alive, kicking, and still completely lacking in any football romance.

If you don't feel even a scintilla of joy for the lad (after being our POTS, and receiving one of the best standing ovations I've ever known for a player, never mind a loanee) then I genuinely feel a touch sorry for you.

If you're just on one of your wind ups, then please, mate, up your game.

:cheers:

I think there's little doubt that we can now crown the new "best player ever to play for Wigan".

Favourites aside, Valencia, given his medal haul was probably on top of the pile (for most people).

OK, so it's comparatively early days, but the potential for this lad is tremendous.
The best player to pull on a Latics shirt is Palacios, but by the time James is done he’ll be the most achieved player by a mile.

Palacios should have had the sort of career Kante is having. They are so similar. It’s incredibly depressing how his career transpired.

Also the likes of James and Mount winning the CL is a nice middle finger to the likes of Pep and Klopp who don’t believe in the loan system and want B Teams in the EFL. Wankers!

The best player to pull on a Latics shirt is Palacios ........................

........ in your opinion.

Valencia won trophies galore with (at the time) probably the best team in the land.

James was a contender for MotM in his first (and almost certainly not his last) European Champions League final.

Palacios oozed class, and was great for us, but unfortunately for him, there's little evidence (other than our own fallible memories) to justify a claim for him being the best.

........ in your opinion.

Valencia won trophies galore with (at the time) probably the best team in the land.

James was a contender for MotM in his first (and almost certainly not his last) European Champions League final.

Palacios oozed class, and was great for us, but unfortunately for him, there's little evidence (other than our own fallible memories) to justify a claim for him being the best.
I judge players on how they played for Latics. not what they do elsewhere. No one was better for us than Wilson against the toughest opposition in the country. He may not be the most achieved player, but for us, he was the best player.

I judge players on how they played for Latics. not what they do elsewhere. No one was better for us than Wilson against the toughest opposition in the country. He may not be the most achieved player, but for us, he was the best player.

That's fair enough ... in which case, I'd go for Charlie N'Zogbia every time over Wilson.

In fact, even above Charlie, as the player who was most consistent (at a very high standard) throughout his whole time with us, I'd have to go with Chimbonda. What an excellent season he had ... before the little shit went and got all Billy Big Bollocks.

That's fair enough ... in which case, I'd go for Charlie N'Zogbia every time over Wilson.

In fact, even above Charlie, as the player who was most consistent (at a very high standard) throughout his whole time with us, I'd have to go with Chimbonda. What an excellent season he had ... before the little shit went and got all Billy Big Bollocks.
I loved Charlie to bits and he's in the top five, but he was inconsistent and prone to the odd absolute stinker. Palacios you'd never get lower than an 8 out of 10 for a bottom half side in the most competitive league in the world. Him and Valencia were the sort of players a club our size had no right to own. Just incredible.

We've played against plenty of top players over the years, but even the big name players don't always stand out when you see them live, but occasionally you see player who are on another level.

I remember thinking that about players like Ronaldo, Berbatov back in the Prem days and more recently Grealish in the Championship - and I'd put Reece in that same 'special' category. I've said since he left he was our best ever player and i'm not in the least bit surprised to see him succeed at the highest level.

Delighted to see him get his hands on a Champs League winners medal.

I've said it since he was with us that to say Reece James was our best ever player was ridiculous when we were in the championship & he was playing against Championship players
However there was no doubt that he would be more than up to the top flight when he returned to Chelsea. He may also turn out to be one of the best players that the world has ever seen but (IMO) to say he was our best ever player whilst with us is a bit of an insult to all those who played for us during our 8 years in the top flight coming up against your Gerrard's, Ronaldo's & co
Personally I wouldn't even consider him for our best ever player - had he been in that 05/06 Jewell team or the Bruce one that was challenging for Europe or any of the others from 2005 to 2013 then maybe, but not whilst he was with us & at the time he was with us

For me players who were consistently good whilst with us in the top flight would be the likes of Leighton Baines, Jason Roberts, Palacios

I've said it since he was with us that to say Reece James was our best ever player was ridiculous when we were in the championship & he was playing against Championship players
However there was no doubt that he would be more than up to the top flight when he returned to Chelsea. He may also turn out to be one of the best players that the world has ever seen but (IMO) to say he was our best ever player whilst with us is a bit of an insult to all those who played for us during our 8 years in the top flight coming up against your Gerrard's, Ronaldo's & co
Personally I wouldn't even consider him for our best ever player - had he been in that 05/06 Jewell team or the Bruce one that was challenging for Europe or any of the others from 2005 to 2013 then maybe, but not whilst he was with us & at the time he was with us

For me players who were consistently good whilst with us in the top flight would be the likes of Leighton Baines, Jason Roberts, Palacios

You make a lot of good points but Reece James is the most talented player ever to pull the blue jersey on in all my 65 seasons watching Latics.
Just my opinion of course.