Redundancies and staff increases 2009-2017 | Vital Football

Redundancies and staff increases 2009-2017

Sad one for people to lose their jobs but we seem to be way over staffed for a comparatively small club.
I thought they would have cut staff long before now, as the players are already down to the bare bones.

Last edited:
Sad one for people to lose their jobs but we seem to be way over staffed for a comparatively small club.
I thought they would have cut staff long before now, as the players are already down to the bare bones.

I think there's been redundancies already but not on this type of scale where it's widely been communicated to employees apart from those working with the first team.

Relegation has had a devastating effect on the club and the situation has been exacerbated by the owners unwilling to invest to get us back up this season, selling any players they could, and final straw trying to sell youngster James, regarded by the fans as the future of the club, which led to the chairman resigning
With the bad publicity the owners are getting and their continued absence from the Liberty, it’s had a knock on effect with a slump in season ticket sales for next season, as fans make their discontent known by not renewing and not purchasing from the club shop, concourse bars, programmes etc.

That’s massive, both the staff numbers and the wage bill.
It’s obviously not sustainable in the Championship and I’m surprised they’ve waited until now to sort it out. The ripple effect of our demise from the Premier League is still panning out, and I am afraid that the Academy will be on the hit list if we can’t get back into profit.
Now that the new chairman is in position he will be sifting through the staff list as a priority, looking at who can be offloaded.
It would be interesting to see where these 409 people are working. There must be a big chunk of them part time on match days, turnstiles, stewards, etc.

Just doodling, £90,700,000 divided by 409 equals £221,760 per annum per person!
Obviously they’re not all earning that.
Is that amount including the playing staff?
Anyway there must be some huge salaries in there somewhere? It just doesn’t add up otherwise.

Just doodling, £90,700,000 divided by 409 equals £221,760 per annum per person!
Obviously they’re not all earning that.
Is that amount including the playing staff?
Anyway there must be some huge salaries in there somewhere? It just doesn’t add up otherwise.
Yes so that includes all staff including players, manager, coaches etc