Marco Polo

Vital 1st Team Regular
Suggest your albums here
1) billy bragg - tooth and nail

Very much enjoying it

2) foals - holy fire

Everything these touch turns to gold in my eyes

Marco

Don't buy many anymore Polo but I have started recently going through my old ones from years ago. Currently listening to 'Document'( REM) and realising how good it is again! Joy Division next week.

Dire Straits - Brothers in arms
Pink Floyd - Echoes (Best of)
Manic Street Preachers - This is my truth tell me yours
Pulp - A different class
Catatonia - International velvet

More recently, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Self Titled

And anything by Muse.

If you want my guilty pleasure, Simply Red - Greatest Hits.

Marco Polo - 25/3/2013 19:34

Simply red?! We'd better delete this thread immediately

Lol. I don't mind it, but I can understand why others can't stand it.

Like I said, guilty pleasure lol.

If Simply Red is your guilty pleasure, I need to be banged up with Genesis and Peter Gabriel lol!

The Black Keys - El Camino.

I like the album very much and recommend it!

Shit JOHNNY cash is cool. fooking cool.
A) San quentin
B) boy named sue - the way he says busts his head

Awesome

Dizzy up the girl - Goo Goo Dolls
Gutterflower - Goo Goo Dolls
Desert Life - Counting Crows
Words and music - John Mellencamp
The long road home - John Fogerty
3 doors down - 3 doors down
and finally - almost any album by Runrig.

As a taster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbwzPzJ6wCU

A few different suggestions. (I can see by previous ones that you all have eclectic tastes)

The Streets - everything is borrowed.
Rebecca Ferguson - (cant remember the title but she only has one out)
Airborne toxic event - Airbourne toxic event.

some decent artists popping up at the minute, depending on the music you like. house is starting a massive comeback, so if you liked it back in the day, get on it again quick before Will I Am and David Guetta destroy it.

Chris Malinchak - so good to you
Signal runners - leaving london

nope, her album is pretty good, and when you spend all week playing Dubstep/house/electrofunk/Rnb/Dnb and pop, sometimes your ears need to hear things with actual words.

I like Rebecca Ferguson too. Wasn't keen on her when I had to sit through the X Factor, but her voice is nice when you try to forget she's from Liverfookingfool.

upyerhoop - 11/4/2013 16:04

Ok, that has condemned that album, now that the Mick hucknell lover likes it.

only funning LRD

To be frank, I like a nice variety of music. Most things go, as long as it isn't manufactured for the sake of 11 year old girls.

The Simply Red comment was probably too overbearing for some, I was trying to think of something highly embarrassing, but I think some people may think I play the album on a loop on my iPhone.

And I don't fricking love him. Though there's a bloke who I see regularly around Beeston who could well be him and I've a habit of walking past him talking about money being too tight to mention or randomly stating "If you don't know me by now..." on the phone or to whoever I'm with.

Maybe I need to stop hinting and just hand him a permanent marker and an old album.

I always quite liked your mirror to be honest, anyway. Enough forum, have music to download for tonight.