Recommend a player - Summer 2021 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Recommend a player - Summer 2021

Someone on 'tother site mentioned Shayne Lavery from Linfield. Aged 22 striker who certainly has been prolific but could he step up to the Championship? Worth a punt?​

Mo Eisa - Striker (Peterborough)

A player we tried to sign this season.

Genuinely a good player but doesn't fit how Ferguson wants to play at Peterborough (not the first time this has happened under Barry Fry). As a result they have transfer listed him.

A perennial sub for the Posh this season, he bagged 14 in 29 in League One last season.

Has pace and an eye for goal.

26 years old so his best could be yet to come.

The only issue is that Peterborough are holding out for a decent fee for him having (incredibly) shelled out £1.2 million for him.

Someone on 'tother site mentioned Shayne Lavery from Linfield. Aged 22 striker who certainly has been prolific but could he step up to the Championship? Worth a punt?​
He's on my list. Been looking into him since he was linked with us weeks ago. I like the look of him. Reminds me of Jerry Yates.

Shayne Lavery - Striker (Linfield, but out of contract)

Was at Everton as a youth, but headed back across to Northern Ireland to sign for Linfield in 2019.

Scored 10 in 25 last season, but been on fire this season with 19 in 21 as he won their player of the season award and the league championship.

22 years old and has 7 caps for Northern Ireland.

When you look at videos of him he is eerily similar to Jerry Yates. You obviously have to temper that view with the fact that it's the Northern Irish league.

He was linked with us a few weeks ago and I'm informed that there is genuine interest from us.

Mo Eisa - Striker (Peterborough)

A player we tried to sign this season.

Genuinely a good player but doesn't fit how Ferguson wants to play at Peterborough (not the first time this has happened under Barry Fry). As a result they have transfer listed him.

A perennial sub for the Posh this season, he bagged 14 in 29 in League One last season.

Has pace and an eye for goal.

26 years old so his best could be yet to come.

The only issue is that Peterborough are holding out for a decent fee for him having (incredibly) shelled out £1.2 million for him.

With a fee like that his wages might be a burden for them ?

We are having Ballard back, we do not need another centre half. I have decided
Ballard and big Marv can cover the right CB berth. Gretarrsen (he does need to bulk up a bit) can pick up the left CB berth, but we need cover there if Thorniley does go.

Kyle Edwards - Forward (Free agent)

Released by West Brom. Can play anywhere across the front.

23 years old and capped up to England U20 level.

Technically very sound, he made 26 appearances in the Championship in West Brom's promotion season and 5 appearances in the Premier League last season (didn't get a look in after Allardyce took over).

Luton trued to buy him in January.

Morgan Rogers - Forward (Man City)

Played against us on Sunday having spent the second half of the season on loan at Lincoln where he's played left wing cutting in on his right foot.

Still very green and can disappear in games/try to do it all himself.

Scored 6 in 25 for Lincoln and word is that City have told them they're not getting him back as they want to get him some Championship experience .

Simon Moore - Goalkeeper (Free agent)

31 years old, just released by Sheffield United.

He's 6 foot 3 (Southampton released him as a youth for being too small!) and is capable of playing the sweeper keepers role.

Whenever he's ended up in the Championship or higher, it's been as second choice so you'd think he'd be comfortable with that.

Whenever he's played in League One he's shone; being named in the PFA Team of the Season during Sheffield United's promotion campaign.

Didn't play a single game last season as Sheffield United didn't register him in their 25 man squad.

Very popular figure in the dressing room. I prefer him to my previous recommendation of Archer.

Jordan Cousins - Central midfielder (Free agent)

Those of you wanting more Championship experience should be happy with this one.

Released by Stoke, Cousins has 225 Championship appearances under his belt and is still only 27.

High energy, he'd fit our 'scrapper' role... however, I'd question if he's better than Dougall and Stewart and on that basis whether he'd be happy with a rotation role?

Josh Bowler - Winger (Free agent)

Linked with us a few weeks ago.

22 years old. Released by Everton who signed him from QPR for £1 million+.

Was going to move in January but had a bad hip injury.

Spent a season on loan at Hull in the Championship but didn't pull up any trees.

Feels like a low floor high ceiling player?

Dennis Adeniran - Central midfielder (Free agent)

Also 22 and also released by Everton who signed him for decent money from Fulham (where he was very highly rated).

Just spent a loan spell at Wycombe where the fans really liked him.

Jamal Blackman - Goalkeeper (Free agent).

Just been released by Chelsea. 27 years old and six foot six.

Had various loan spells away from Chelsea and has played 57 Championship games, being most recently on loan at Rotherham.

Jamal Blackman - Goalkeeper (Free agent).

Just been released by Chelsea. 27 years old and six foot six.

Had various loan spells away from Chelsea and has played 57 Championship games, being most recently on loan at Rotherham.
Rumoured to have been at a hotel in Lytham yesterday. How did he perform for Rotherham who were relegated? We certainly need 3 keepers capable of stepping into the first team and offering competition

Rumoured to have been at a hotel in Lytham yesterday. How did he perform for Rotherham who were relegated? We certainly need 3 keepers capable of stepping into the first team and offering competition

Like all relegated keepers he will have had plenty of practice. It is no coincidence that Southgate had 2 relegated keepers in his initial squad. I love a tall keeper.

Yes please. Even better would be to get him on a permanent. Being in the Championship opens up incredible new opportunities. Onwards and upwards.

Bob Hatton aged 74. Prolific goal scorer who scored 215 goals in 617 appearances. Classic goal poacher with unmistakable goal celebration of holding two arms aloft and jogging back to centre circle. Could still do a job for us.