Reality check | Vital Football

Reality check

shotshy

Vital Champions League
I noticed that Hull, Blackpool and Peterborough who were the best three teams in league one last season are currently occupying three of the bottom four places in the championship.
I personally thought that Hull and Blackpool were light years better than us.
Peterborough not so much and I expected them to struggle.
I know it’s still early days and maybe they will pick up, but the difference in divisions is getting greater.

I totally believe the gulf between league one and championship gets bigger each season.

When you see some of the claimed annual payroll for squads it makes you wonder IF we got promoted it would only be for one season.

I believe the championship in the PL reserves.

Essentially there's approaching 20 sides in the Championship that are Premier League clubs in waiting, our five year stint at that level would be utterly impossible for a club of our size these days.

I would imagine there are individual players in the second tier earning more each season than our entire wage budget. To be even remotely competitive we'd need either a vastly wealthy benefactor or to quadruple our current fan base in a shiny new stadium that offered extensive off-field income, neither of which are in any way likely.

I totally believe the gulf between league one and championship gets bigger each season.
Can't argue with that statement, however we havn't been playing badly just up gainst better organised teams, we beat league leaders Fulham on Saturday and other than a fifteen minute lapse on Tuesday went down at home to Huddersfield.
It is early days yet and I feel positive that we will be mid table at worst come end od season, we have some new players who have yet to gel and some key players injured, that of course will happen to some throughout the season, but there are positive signs for the club and I do not think that relegation is on the cards.
Well I always stay positive, but yes the Championship is a learning just hope we can get a few year under our belts, I believe it is one of the best competitive leagues in Europe, anyway best of luck to you guys this season.

Another reality check...

...Bristol Rovers spent loadsamoney but got relegated and can’t buy a win at the moment.

If we went down, maybe it’d be for more than one season.

Another reality check...

...Bristol Rovers spent loadsamoney but got relegated and can’t buy a win at the moment.

If we went down, maybe it’d be for more than one season.
Barton said publicly that if he can’t get his team promoted from league two, then he has no right being in football.
Watch this space.

When you see some of the claimed annual payroll for squads it makes you wonder IF we got promoted it would only be for one season.

I believe the championship in the PL reserves.

Agreed, be fun though.

Not sure we need to worry about it any time soon though.

I think league 2 and league one are quite close now though. At least top half of league 2 anyway