Realistic Summer Signings | Page 2 | Vital Football

Realistic Summer Signings

Paqueta's been seen at Bruno Guimares house having a kick about in a Newcastle United shirt . Now might just be here to see his best mate but it would seem churlish for the club not to take the opportunity to try and sign him .

I see Botman is being linked with Man USA. I may be looking at this through rise tinted specs but if I was him and had the choice between us and Man U I would be signing for us

A bit leftfield but I wonder if the likes of Adama Traore get linked as im sure he wasn't that much of a success on loan at Barcelona.

Defences would absolutely shit a brick if him and Saint-Maximin were attacking and I guess so would the crowds behind the goal as more often than not their final balls end up there.

Last edited:
I'd go all out & go for Gabriel Jesus,apparently arsenal have put a bid in of 35 million, surely his compatriots could lure him in, brilliant number 9.
Alongside an attacking midfielder & centre back.Hoy a left winger in & we can have a chance of at least winning the league fkn cup.
2 seasons time owt could happen!

Paqueta
GK Pope
Carlos
Nketia
Targett permanent
Jesus Gabriel
Messi
Mbappe

Hahaha. Hey we have the money we might as well go for broke.

How much net spend do you think the club have to spend this summer?
I don't think they truly have a number in mind. It depends on who goes and this window will probably be the window where we will have to spend what's needed. I would imagine later windows will be more strictly looked at. Has to be some leeway in this window.

There is the usual media nonsense about money available and who we are interested in.
Nobody outside the hierarchy knows and its all speculation. Better to wait and see who departs and who comes in. Personally I will be satsified with whoever arrive based on transfer dealings so far under Howe.

Well apparently, according to reports, he’s not keen to sign. AGAIN.

Getting a bit sick of this kid 2bh. This is twice now. Sack him off and stop wasting time. Absolutely no point if he doesn’t want to join.

Looking at the latest odds for signings, we're backed as potentially signing every player as we're near enough favourites for everyone.

What is interesting though, is the odds for some.

Dean Henderson is 1/20 to join. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is 1/4 and Paqueta is 4/9 so these look most likely and Henderson seems a done deal by the looks of it.

The Mail reckon Targett is close to a permanent deal for £12m.

Just been made official . Great deal for club and player . 15 million for an experienced Premier League left back who's also English is a no brainer. Knows the club, manager and area, has played well behind St Maximin (which can't be easy as you're often left exposed) and he's only 26 so should be approaching his prime.

Just been made official . Great deal for club and player . 15 million for an experienced Premier League left back who's also English is a no brainer. Knows the club, manager and area, has played well behind St Maximin (which can't be easy as you're often left exposed) and he's only 26 so should be approaching his prime.
He was ffing mint in the games I watched, the most stabilising influence in a previously shit defence IMO